New Member with Question

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New Member with Question

Thanks ColoNative, now I can pass the word on with ease.

PS, Leo1 better take what you said above and embed it into the luv fingers because inq's are a mother.
15 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: New Member with Question

Meya, sorry but I don't have an answer for your question as of right now. I will do a research and update later.

I used to process bankruptcies at a credit card bank: Chapter 7's stay on for 10 years (though they usually fall off after 7) Chapter 13 and 11 stay on for 7-kind of a benefit to repaying some of your debt.
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: how bad is this?

Hi everyone,

Thank you for looking! I have been getting heat from my fiance to stop applying for cards or shes going to kill me, so im wondering how much of a problem does everyone think i caused, heres what Ive applied for from trucredit

Hooters 10-23-08 transunion
Toyota FSB 10-23-08 transunion
Amex 10-19-08 Experian
Sears 10-08-08 Experian
Chase 9-30-08 Equifax
Wamu 8-15-08 Transunion

Toyota (had a new car loan with them paid it off) and wamu both sent me preapproval letters(or so i thought) and i was denied, i went into sears to buy some stuff and my friend who works there persuaded me I was reluctant but he gets $5 everytime someone applied so i did it and was denied, amex green approved me and so did hooters yay and one that isnt on there is Citi which I applied and recieved a 30 day message saying they will review my credit and get back to me.

so whats everyone think should i stop now?lol or keeeeep it going!!!!! Im so addicted to applying :innocent:

How much damage did i do?

Stop now. All those inquiries are going to haunt you for two years. Is that Toyota FSB for the new Visa or is it the car loan? If its the car loan why did you open a loan and pay it off so soon? That won't help your history.
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: New Member with Question

I believe they all go to the same call center.
15 years 5 months ago #4

Its the one kiejon gave me.:confused:
15 years 5 months ago #5

Meya, I have not seen that number before. Is that a new one?
15 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Re: BIG BLUE

Thank You Meya For Your Help Do You Think Cap 1 Would Do A Cli Right Noe Could Use 1 For The Holidays Need Best Backdoor #.

BigBlue, cap 1 shows some love allways...lol. Here is the number 800-800-951-6951, also here is the link that has plenty of numbers that HJM and Kiejon provided for us. https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=491&highlight=backdoor
15 years 5 months ago #7

Thanks bro!
15 years 5 months ago #8

Thanks and thanks for adding. Hey hjm, if I am not mistaken, does some of those bk's last longer than 10 years? I could have sworn that I have read 13 on some, but maybe chpt 13 is what I am thinking about

Meya, sorry but I don't have an answer for your question as of right now. I will do a research and update later.
15 years 5 months ago #9

BigBlue, do you have any relations to Kiejon? You type just like him. Hmm, must be a coincidence.
15 years 5 months ago #10

Replied by BigBlue on topic Re:BIG BLUE

Thank You Meya For Your Help Do You Think Cap 1 Would Do A Cli Right Noe Could Use 1 For The Holidays Need Best Backdoor #.
15 years 5 months ago #11

Thanks and thanks for adding. Hey hjm, if I am not mistaken, does some of those bk's last longer than 10 years? I could have sworn that I have read 13 on some, but maybe chpt 13 is what I am thinking about:confused:
15 years 5 months ago #12

Meya, that's really good information.

BigBlue, I'm glad to hear that you have a few cards reporting on your report. I would make sure that payments post on-time and don't go over your limit because if you take care of those cards, you scores will increase over time. There's not really much you can do since everything has its own time including the BK. It will fall off when its time comes and you will see approvals from the big banks in the near future as long as you have a positive history with your current cards.
15 years 5 months ago #13

Hiiiiii Big Blue, you came to the right place! First off we welcome you to The Network, where everyone is so helpful and friendly. Most people are at work, luckily I took today and tomorrow off, but they will be in here soon to add to my recommendations. We bust our behinds in here!

OK, so let me take notes to what you are saying and fill you in the best way that I can, I am in the fair credit stage but I will do my best.

1. You filed bk 10 years back and would like to know how long it takes before it is removed
Normally that can take up to 10 years. You are at the border line for it to drop off. Hold your horses on that, your time is here. Bk friendly cards are basically what you asking about right? Barclay's Bank (Travelocity Mastercard...etc, Hooter's, Walmart, JcPenny's, Lowe's, Target etc, are good cards to start with, Here is a link MaryM started for you to get more info https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=538&highlight=friendly

2. You applied for a new card recently but was denied.
Good news and bad news, banks are pretty sketchy and tight right now, so don't be depressed about the denials. How many cards have you applied for within 1 yr? That can also cause denials, inquiries will hurt you when you apply often. I really don't want to blame it on the BK because like I said before, inq can hurt and banks use their own scoring method to determine approvals/denials. Here are a few links to search for cards that are within your credit range instead of applying for cards that are over-qualified for our credit backgrounds.

1. By score match https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/

2. Credit cards for Poor credit https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Poor+Credit-Needed-Cards.php

3. Application Statuses (Use the drop-down boxes to search for certain scores, Cb's, and to see which CB the creditor will most like pull from) https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/credit-card-status.shtml

3. You have two cards which are Cap1]You started out with a smart move because you have selected the best cards for rebuilding. Here is a nice link that we established for Nice Cards to Apply for. You will see where members applied and was approved for cards and the impact for applying for certain cards[/COLOR]
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=361&highlight=nice+cards

4. You want to improve....? and will like to know how to raise your scores
History and low utilization is the best and only way to improve scores. Sometimes you have to open a different type of accounts so that they can grow altogether such as; credit cards (master card/visa), charge cards, department store cards, lines of credit, and some people apply for small loans then pay it off. Here is a great link from our author Mary Tomkin's https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/17/1/10-Steps-To-Improving-Your-Credit-Score/Page1.html

5. Scores are in the 640's
That is a nice score! Way to go! They will increase when the BK drops also. But let me say one thing, scores goes up and down on a daily basis because the 3 Cb's has there own way of how they measure our scores. The most decrease comes from high utilization and new applications (inquiries) they can plunge your scores by 100 if you over do it. Been there, done that and is still doing it]
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=363&highlight=scores

6. You were about to give up]Never! When there is a will there is a way. Once you found us, we will stick with you to the end. There is no such hope of failing here because once you joined the Fg bandwagon, the addiction to information and credit knowledge will not let you give up. You are going to learn so much about credit until you will refuse to go back down that lonely miserable road called DESTRUCTION!

now I must tell you this, banks are hurting right now, well at least they say they are, and we strongly recommend that you do not go on a huge credit spree because members credit limits are being decreased like mad-dogs. Oh yes, they are out to get us for no reason at all. Some will decrease your limit because your scores dropped, you applied for too much credit, paying to slow, too many new accounts, or just being an AH period. Apply with caution and check your accounts on a daily basis. So far, I have not heard of the two cards you have doing any decreasing, but I will not be surprised if a posting came in while I am typing to you.

I hope this helped, if not, there are more to come. So in the meantime, browse the links I provided and feel free to browse the site until more postings come in for you.

Welcome aboard Buddie!
15 years 5 months ago #14

Replied by BigBlue on topic Re: New Member with Question

Hello people I am new to Finance Globe my question is I have BK 10 yrs back I applied for a new card recently and was denied it showed BK how long does it really take to rid this I have 2 cards Cap 1 and HSBC 750 LIMITS would like to improve dont know what to do can I call someone or go somewhere to get it off or to check on date it may come off also when it comes off will it raise score if so how much also this site is great and all of you seem to be great at what you do on here i was surfing the internet the other day and found you I am happy about that Iwas about to give up its been a long time seems like its a dead end my scores right now are in the 640s. PLEASE HELP FUSTRATED!!!!!!!
15 years 5 months ago #15