confused about cap 1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Thats why I am starting all over again. I will never do the same again neither:scared:
15 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Because people will stop paying on it or draw it all out and figure "It was my money to begin with" and then they ignore the rules and fees that came with the card. I am one them, I did that with Sterling Bank & Trust. Do you know they had the adacity (did I spell that right) to put on my credit report that I owed them over $1k? That was my money, how can I owe them? You have to clear the balance out and then they will cut you the check back. Whatever!

Audacity (Adacity) LOL!
15 years 8 months ago #2

Because people will stop paying on it or draw it all out and figure "It was my money to begin with" and then they ignore the rules and fees that came with the card. I am one them, I did that with Sterling Bank & Trust. Do you know they had the adacity (did I spell that right) to put on my credit report that I owed them over $1k? That was my money, how can I owe them? You have to clear the balance out and then they will cut you the check back. Whatever!
15 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I don't understand that either KMoney.
15 years 8 months ago #4

I agree, it's a wise move regardless if you get approved or denied.

You see thats what freaks me out that you can get denied for a secured card
15 years 8 months ago #5

I agree, it's a wise move regardless if you get approved or denied.
15 years 8 months ago #6

I am only going to apply for 1 more card and that is the secured BOA card and that will be it for me for a good minute.

It's worth the inq!
15 years 9 months ago #7

I remember some where on this forum I mentioned that Cap1 sent me a credit report and I said I will report back when I find out. Well I know I am late reporting back about it Has anyone else received this from Cap1?
15 years 9 months ago #8

I am only going to apply for 1 more card and that is the secured BOA card and that will be it for me for a good minute.
15 years 9 months ago #9

Rob, you are making a wise decision by not applying for credit cards for quite some time.
15 years 9 months ago #10

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

HJM, I probably won't be applying for any more cards. Unless they are a really super card I won't apply. 10 cc's are enough. Actually too many I think. When this card comes and that Sears Solutions m/c gets here, some are going bye bye.
15 years 9 months ago #11

Rob, remember that Citi holds your deposit and doesn't unsecure your card for 18 months. Wells Fargo requires 12 months.
15 years 9 months ago #12

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Just in case you haven't gotten an answer on if BOA will allow 2 secured cards. The answer is no, you can have only 1 secured card.

Thank you, MsKiwi for finding that out for me. I haven't received my card yet from BofA but it should be here soon. My check cleared on the 18th. If I do get another secured card, I'll probably go to Citi so I can have one of theirs.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #13

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I sent in my preapproval for the 99/500 card on the 18th of June. I had applied for an unsecured card on June 12 and was declined but offerred the 99/500 card. My credit report shows two hard pulls (the 12th and July 1st) so I am hoping I got approved. I hope that me applying and getting the BB cards and Walmart card won't mess me up. I hope to get it. I was also wondering if you can have two secured cards from BofA. I would like to get the regular secured card just so I can add money to it and when it unsecures have a big cl on it, say around $2000. Do you know if you can have two of them? thanks a lot.

Just in case you haven't gotten an answer on if BOA will allow 2 secured cards. The answer is no, you can have only 1 secured card.
15 years 9 months ago #14

I am at least 98% sure it is not. Make sure you put the cli in this thread so that we can bless you on your cli https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=413&highlight=report
15 years 9 months ago #15