Citi Forgiveness

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

Yes, I would love to know this question also. I defaulted on a Citi account over 8yrs ago, it has since fallen off my CR. I do have Macy's-have had it over a decade.

I would love to have a Citi card or and Chase, however, I still have bad SLS. I wonder if Citi will hold the old card against me and I hesitate about Chase because they ask you if you have any seriously delinquent accounts.

Any advise on Citi and Chase?
15 years 7 months ago #16

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

I ask the same question. I defaulted on one of their cards and am very hesitant to apply for a Macy's credit card for that very reason. They have denied me for Sears and an Auto Loan, so I am inclined to believe that they do not forgive. Fooey!
15 years 7 months ago #17
  • cireone
  • cireone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by cireone

I had a Citi credit card back in 2003 when i was a mere 22 yrs old. It was my first crack at the credit card gam and boy did i screw up. It went into default and then my wallet got stolen at my jobsite. So my credit score took a huge hit from it. It still shows on my report that it was in default and was lost or stolen. Couple of years ago I tried my luck at applying for a new card and got denial after denial. Then recently I was approved for two gas cards issued by Citi. SO Ive been in good terms, I am more educated and responsible about credit and debt.
What I would like to know is that if i rebuild a good relationship with them with these two cards, will I be able to get their easiest card if my derogs clear and credit score is within range????????
I would really like to have another card with them in hopes of them seeing that I have become responsible and do good on payments now.
15 years 7 months ago #18