Citi Forgiveness

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

Oops, let me correct myself! Sorry for the mix-up! Thanks for the info! Now I have to break the bad news to someone

:white-flag: :worried:
14 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

Oops, let me correct myself! Sorry for the mix-up! Thanks for the info! Now I have to break the bad news to someone:worried:
14 years 2 months ago #2

Out of curiosity, if you owe a debtor, and they take you to court, sue you and win, does the charge-off now becomes a judgment (which last 10 years), or both?

Debtor, you mean creditor? If you owe the creditor then you are the debtor. I believe yes, the credit card will report as a charge off account with a zero balance and the balance becomes a judgement listed under public record. :white-flag:
14 years 2 months ago #3

It is true about creditors keeping record of an account long after the bankruptcy has fallen off the credit bureaus. One of the previous credit card companies I worked for in 2003 still had record of bankrupt accounts from the 1980's! I do not know if they are all like that but something to consider. We got a lot of angry letters from people with 780 bureau scores that were declined a new account because of their 1991 bankruptcy....
14 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

Meya - now you ask a very interesting question...? Anyone know? I sure don't have an answer at the time of this writing. :embarrassed:
14 years 2 months ago #5

Out of curiosity, if you owe a creditor, and they take you to court, sue you and win, does the charge-off now becomes a judgment (which last 10 years), or both? :confused:
14 years 2 months ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Forgiveness - maybe never?!

Many of you that have baddies on your credit bureau reports can get the credit bureaus to remove them after seven years (baddies). This does not include Ch 7 BK, tax liens, judgements etc which require other time lines. Note however, the credit card issuers that you included in the BK or bad accounts may remember you even if the baddies are gone from the CB reports. I am living example of where the card issuers that were in my BK are off the CB report but the credit card companies will NOT issue me an account. I inquired as to when they got over the BK Ch 7 and no one could say (if ever). Yeah... BK Ch 7 may be forever! :shocked: Good luck on this one!!!
14 years 2 months ago #7

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

After doing some research, I have learned that even though the Citi Secured Card is meant for building credit, it is not meant for rebuilding credit. Many people with baddies on their reports have been denied for this card but people such as myself who have a thin credit file (limited credit history), have been approved for the card.
14 years 2 months ago #8

1/21/2010
14 years 2 months ago #9

Secured cards can get denied as well as unsecured cards. Especially if they are being offered through teir one banks. I have seen this happen before.:embarrassed:
15 years 6 months ago #10

Yoyo, I applied for their CashReturns and Platinum Select Mastercard and was denied for too many inquiries and high utilization. I believe my FICO's at the time of application were in the mid 600's.
15 years 6 months ago #11

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

I wonder if they forgive also because I too messed up a citi cc
15 years 6 months ago #12

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

HJM, you applied for the Citi bank secured and they denied you? please advise...thanks...

No I don't think they denied him for the secured card
15 years 6 months ago #13

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Citi Forgiveness

HJM, you applied for the Citi bank secured and they denied you? please advise...thanks...
15 years 6 months ago #14

I applied for the Citi secured card since I want to get my foot into the door with them but they won't approve me for a new credit card. It's worth a try.
15 years 6 months ago #15