Store Credit or Store Credit Cards

Replied by patse on topic Store cards

I have a Kohl's card too. The only reason that I have it is because of all the deals you get. I love the free shipping when you order online. I also have a Victoria Secret and American Eagle card. The coupons that you get when you have a store credit card are usually pretty amazing. I always pay off the balance each month in full.
8 years 1 month ago #1

Replied by FrankN on topic Store cards

I only get store credit cards when I purchase a lot of items from this store. I seem to have a higher limit, and it has gone up a few times over the years.
8 years 1 month ago #2

Replied by Cents on topic Store cards

I have a Kohl's card, but that's the only store card I have these days. I can see the point about being able to verify information in person, but if that's what they're really after, they shouldn't even offer online applications.
8 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: Store Credit or Store Credit Cards

I agree with this. I have noticed that it is so much easier to get a higher credit limit when you are face-to-face with the person that is running the application process. This is how I have applied for almost all of my store cards.
8 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Store Credit or Store Credit Cards

Retailers feel more comfortable approving consumers for credit because they're able to verify one's identity right there on the spot.
10 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: Store Credit or Store Credit Cards

I would imagine the scoring system would be the same in determining the eligibility, but if you go back and read some of the old posts for some of the store cards, there are reviews of people claiming larger limits applying at the store. Especially around the holidays, I think cards like Macy's, Kohls, JCPenny tend to give higher than average limits.
10 years 10 months ago #6
  • SAR1954
  • SAR1954's Avatar Topic Author

was created by SAR1954

Just curious, does anyone else find that they have ran into a better chance of getting approved for a store credit card or store line of credit applying at the store vs. applying online or by phone? It just seems I have been approved more often at the place of business vs. the times i have tried to apply online or over the phone.
10 years 10 months ago #7