First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

Replied by Attagirl on topic Hi Sophie. I actually had

Hi Sophie. I actually had 2 First Premier credit cards and closed both of them out. I did not care for the crazy fees that they have. I think they give you that low rate because they have all those fees. My credit limit was $350. When I recieved the card, I only had a balance of $120. They charged a processing fee and and annual fee upfront. They also charged a monthly manitance fee of $5.75. So you can get a low APR, but it comes with a price.

I too did this. My big problem was there were additional fees that they were charging me on the card and so I cancelled the card and never used it. They still put that I owe them the initial charges for the fees even though they said I would not be charged for those fees since the card was canceled and was not used.
16 years 1 month ago #61

Replied by leighdu on topic This is a great card

This is a great card for people that cannot get approved for anything else. I had a First Premier card a while back because I thought I wouldn't be able to get approved for anything. Of course I did get approved, but I do agree with everyone else about the fees. They are horrible. But then again that is the price you have to pay most times for bad credit. The good thing is that this card will help build up your credit score, and you can then cancel it and get a card that doesn't charge so many ridiculous fees.
16 years 1 month ago #62

Replied by hjm331 on topic They help you prove and

They help you prove and build a good payment history which other lenders look for. I wouldn't suggest this card if you don't need it. But if you don't mind paying the fees, then it's alright I guess.
16 years 1 month ago #63
  • sophie
  • sophie's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by sophie on topic Sorry you have had this

Sorry you have had this experience with all of the fees. I thought it was a good option for people trying to rebuild their credit. With the fixed fee now available I still think this is a viable option.
16 years 1 month ago #64

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Since we're on the subject,

Since we're on the subject, I was able to get an exclusive 7.9 fixed apr for the Platinum card by First Premier. I believe that this will end this month. The card still has the fees, but some that have been considering this card may be interested.
https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/card894.php
16 years 1 month ago #65

Replied by stiletto on topic Hi Sophie. I actually had

Hi Sophie. I actually had 2 First Premier credit cards and closed both of them out. I did not care for the crazy fees that they have. I think they give you that low rate because they have all those fees. My credit limit was $350. When I recieved the card, I only had a balance of $120. They charged a processing fee and and annual fee upfront. They also charged a monthly manitance fee of $5.75. So you can get a low APR, but it comes with a price.
16 years 1 month ago #66
  • sophie
  • sophie's Avatar Topic Author

was created by sophie

First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard is supposedly a good card for people with very bad credit. My co worker Nancy has the worst credit, she had a foreclosure and owes a personal bank loan and her car got repossessed. She applied for this card which has a 9.9% APR and got it.

16 years 1 month ago #67