First Premier Bank Gold MasterCard.

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I agree with you meya, by the way, love the new photo (lol)
mrrob
15 years 8 months ago #46

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

they are still getting that $12 per month from me on both cards. Was was getting real mad at them for not giving me increases after having them over one year. This card acts as a double edge sword.

Twelve buks per month? That is $144 per year, ohhhh my God!:shocked: And then they turn around and charge you $150 for annual fee?:relieved:

That is highway robbery!:upset:
15 years 8 months ago #47

And also, how do you get the 99/500 card from BoA????? Ive applied a couple of times and got denied but pre-approved for a secured card but would rather have the 99/500 than a regular secured card.

That offer comes up after you apply for a normal bofa card. I was not offered the 99/500 niether, but was offered the secured card. That decision is totally up to bofa, but I am going to apply for the secured bofa very soon.
15 years 8 months ago #48

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Thanks for your thoughts. WHen I was new to getting credit I got the FIrst Premier not thinking that banks actually had secured cards. Ive been excellent in paying them but I am tired now of paying a stupid monthly account maintenance fee. i just wish I knew better about these cards. I am afraid to close the account as it is one of the oldest and have read horror stories on ripoffreport.com about them still charging despite the account being closed and paid. And also, how do you get the 99/500 card from BoA????? Ive applied a couple of times and got denied but pre-approved for a secured card but would rather have the 99/500 than a regular secured card.

Go to bankofamerica's website and choose their option for (offers) rather than applying for another credit card. Hope this helps.
15 years 8 months ago #49

I dont blame you. See what people dont realize is that, those types of cards are undercover secured cards. They want $150 in fees and if you finance that, it would be more than what bofa ask for which is $300. For get the fees, I wish members or anyone would just take the $300 to a well known teir one bank and start off as secured. Those cards give you limits for candy bars and then make you feel good because you have some plastic in your pocket, give me a break.

Major banks know who these rip of cards are when the put thier name on your cr (reporting), so they know who you are dealing with and they know that mistakes are made pretty often with those below the barrell cards which put you right back in the spot you came from.

This is just my opinion, and I am not out to speak bad about anyone who owns the card, I just hate for them to mess over people and soak thier minds into the finance industry.

I feel ya, First Premier was the second and third credit cards I've received to build my history. The first one was Orchard. It took First Premier over 14 months for that 1st CLI.:upset: Remembering they said NO and issued me another card after 6 months of having the first. Well, they do have excellent reporting history, like clock work. I 'm just paying the annual/and monthly fees..the APR is very low..but I'm not purchasing anything on both cards. I don't think they care anyway they are still getting that $12 per month from me on both cards. Was was getting real mad at them for not giving me increases after having them over one year. This card acts as a double edge sword.
15 years 8 months ago #50

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Thanks for your thoughts. WHen I was new to getting credit I got the FIrst Premier not thinking that banks actually had secured cards. Ive been excellent in paying them but I am tired now of paying a stupid monthly account maintenance fee. i just wish I knew better about these cards. I am afraid to close the account as it is one of the oldest and have read horror stories on ripoffreport.com about them still charging despite the account being closed and paid. And also, how do you get the 99/500 card from BoA????? Ive applied a couple of times and got denied but pre-approved for a secured card but would rather have the 99/500 than a regular secured card.
15 years 8 months ago #51

Way to go YoYo11

$100 / CL was $300 , now $400. Well it's showing $404 now..whatever that means!:dumbfounded:
15 years 8 months ago #52

I dont blame you. See what people dont realize is that, those types of cards are undercover secured cards. They want $150 in fees and if you finance that, it would be more than what bofa ask for which is $300. For get the fees, I wish members or anyone would just take the $300 to a well known teir one bank and start off as secured. Those cards give you limits for candy bars and then make you feel good because you have some plastic in your pocket, give me a break.

Major banks know who these rip of cards are when the put thier name on your cr (reporting), so they know who you are dealing with and they know that mistakes are made pretty often with those below the barrell cards which put you right back in the spot you came from.

This is just my opinion, and I am not out to speak bad about anyone who owns the card, I just hate for them to mess over people and soak thier minds into the finance industry.
15 years 8 months ago #53

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I received a letter from first premier for a gold mastercard. They said the initial CL is $200 and your available credit will be $50. So I guess $150 are in fees
15 years 8 months ago #54

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

I'd recommend having a secured card than a First Premier Bank card. The same amount of money that you put into a First Premier Bank, you get it back with a secured card within 6-12 months depending on your payment history.
15 years 9 months ago #55

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

I know thats right because that first premier is one hot mess
15 years 9 months ago #56

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Crown Jewelers! Please Read

It's still a lot better than paying the up-front fees for cards like First Premier.
15 years 9 months ago #57

Replied by dreamr802 on topic I had a first premier

I had a first premier card but I closed the account because of the fees. They were too outrageous. I wish there was a credit card for people with bad credit so then they don't get slammed with fees.
16 years 1 week ago #58
  • sophie
  • sophie's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by sophie on topic I know someone who has

I know someone who has had this card and used it to build their credit. I am sorry all of you experienced this, please read the fine print before signing up for a card and try mot o act surprised when you don’t.

:dumbfounded:
16 years 1 month ago #59

Replied by Meya on topic That is why it is

That is why it is best to stay away from these types of cards. If no one else will accept you (that does not have the rediculous fees) then I would go to my local bank and get a secured card. Bofa has a cool secured card and so does cap1, they both will (in return) reverse your card over to an unsecured within 6 months to a year. It better to put money in your own pot than starting off in the hole.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #60