AMEX: Financial Reviews?

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: TV Shows

Good point about AMEX I don't believe I will be applying for them at all when my scores hit over 800

Now tv shows that I watch]

When I have time I watch my shows
15 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: TV Shows

Their Financial Reviews are seriously a joke. Why approve the consumer in the first place if you're going to have second doubts when the charges start rolling in? I don't think that the consumer applied for a card to stare at the design of the card.

You are a fool for the bold line bro. That is the truth :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: TV Shows

I don't know why they are doing it, but it sounds like a bad move on their part.
15 years 9 months ago #3
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: TV Shows

Their Financial Reviews are seriously a joke. Why approve the consumer in the first place if you're going to have second doubts when the charges start rolling in? I don't think that the consumer applied for a card to stare at the design of the card. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #4

I hear it a lot from amex. Hjm331 was the last person that mentioned it. Lord knows how many times I heard it before he mentioned it.
:relieved: Just makes me wanna say, "Here is my tax return" upon approval.
15 years 9 months ago #5

That has not happened to me, yet. I have not seen it anywhere.
15 years 9 months ago #6

Suspend your account after MINOR purchases:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #7

:confused:Halt me? I honestly don't know what you mean!
15 years 10 months ago #8

Do Discover halt you like amex?
15 years 10 months ago #9

I did absolutly no reading when it came to getting an AMEX Blue. I charged up to $800 on it and they were not happy. It's a credit card, not one of your charge cards. But live and learn. Discover is a card for me to have!
15 years 10 months ago #10

I swear, everytime I read about amex, I feel less and less enthused about having one fo their cards. :scared: :scared:
15 years 10 months ago #11

I just used my Amex Blue yesterday to get a father's day gift. Well, I get to pay $70 when the bill comes, then put my Amex in the sock drawer where I keep the rest of my cards.
15 years 10 months ago #12
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: TV Shows

I use my Delta Skymiles AMEX to pay for my Sparkletts water bill every month which costs about $20. That's all they will get after suspending my account without my permission or without asking me and conducting a F/R on me.:upset:
15 years 10 months ago #13

I don't know why they do it, but I am not really going to be using the AMEX Blue for a while. See how bad they really want me to have the card!
15 years 10 months ago #14

Thanks for the heads up Eldarwen! I have heard so many stories about amex in here, they are so sophisticated and want their members to be the same way. I just dont understand how they approve you with the info that you gave them and when you begin to charge they halt the card and make you prove it. If they thought we could not handle a measly $400 charge then why approve someone in the first place? Our history shows that we can handle $400 or $1k spending, so what is there to worry?:dumbfounded:
15 years 10 months ago #15