How to Identify Credit Card Frauds and Theft

Replied by JELOPEZ88 on topic Re: How to Identify Credit Card Frauds and Theft

If I understand you question correctly - Your most recent statement show transactions that don't look familiar and recent payments have not been credited to the account? If so, CALL the creditor IMMEDIATELY. They will shut the account down to prevent any further fraudulent transactions from posting. Also you may not have to pay any of the transactions you did not make. The creditor will advise you if any further action is necessary on your part.

If you are disputing transactions, that's another ball game altogether. You must either write or email the creditor and give them your name, account number and the dollar amount of the suspected errors. While they investigate the charges, you do not have to pay any amount in question. However that does not relieve you of the obligation to pay other parts of the bill that are not in question unless the amount is the entire bill. In most cases where I have disputed a transaction, my creditors have simply credited my account with the amount I questioned. Keep in mind your right to dispute any transactions posted to your account has to be within 30-60 days of the your receiving the bill.

Hope this helps and good luck.
11 years 7 months ago #1
  • Winscott
  • Winscott's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Winscott

How I will detected from the fraud when they receive our credit card statement and discover some of these payments & also Credit card information is often stolen.
11 years 7 months ago #2