Credit One is Tripping

Replied by LindaLu on topic I am surprised that capitol

I am surprised that capitol one is doing that!! I have never asked for a cli....the one time I questioned my credit line with a credit card co I was told they could review my credit report with a cli...I have been told that companies will pull your credit report(which is an inquiry!) if you ask for a cli yourself..I was told to never ask for one and let them do it on their own...I got a cli from capitol one on my 5th statement with them of $500!!!!!!!!!!! that brought me to $1500 after 5 months....but I guess I better not be expecting anymore anytime soon ha?
16 years 6 days ago #1
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :laugh: :laugh:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 week ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic Care to share? :laugh:

Care to share?

lets just say that there is no one in my household that i should be held accountable for buying the mag........lmao :relieved: :relieved: :relieved: :relieved:
16 years 1 week ago #3
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic It's all about the $$$$$

It's all about the $$$$$ Baby!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 week ago #4

Replied by countrifie on topic I don't see how companies

I don't see how companies can get away with charging you for getting a credit limit increase. They already charge you interest on whatever you charge and that's like getting double payment for one service. That is crazy.
16 years 1 week ago #5
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Care to share? :laugh:

Care to share?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 week ago #6

Replied by eugene66 on topic charge a magazine and coke

charge a magazine and coke every month and pay it off.

I do the same thing on my cards when I am not using them....lol
] lmao :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing: if you only knew the magazine i buy ......just jk :cool:

16 years 1 week ago #7
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic charge a magazine and coke

charge a magazine and coke every month and pay it off.

I do the same thing on my cards when I am not using them....lol
:fun:
16 years 1 week ago #8

Replied by eugene66 on topic it seems like credit one

it seems like credit one is like target in that some people get cli after a period of time a some do not. I've had credit one almost three years and every year i get a 200 dollar credit limit which i've just received my may statement and probably my last cli (credit limit now is 1000.00). heck i just auto pay the 5.75( part of annual fee ) from boa and charge a magazine and coke every month and pay it off.
16 years 1 week ago #9

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic I just got rid of

I just got rid of credit one today. I had this card for a little over 9 months with no cli. The limit is only $200. I called and the representative thought I was using this as a tool to get the increase. I told her that I had all intentions of caneling. She said well you know this is the card for rebuilding. I said no miss. Capital one is the card for rebuilding. I asked her what am I going to do with a $200 limit. I bought a pair of shoes for work and charged half of the card. The finance charges are out of this world. They can keep their little $200. I am done with credit one.
16 years 1 week ago #10
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Depends on how you use

Depends on how you use the card! According to Fg members, a lot will not get much.
:fun: :fun: :fun:
16 years 1 week ago #11

Replied by dreamr802 on topic Wow I had no idea

Wow I had no idea that credit limit increases require you to pay something. That doesn't make any sense. The credit cards aren't losing any money by giving you an increase. If anything they would be getting more interest from you.
16 years 1 week ago #12
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic They is ok, I never

They is ok, I never had any problem with them except for denials of my cli's and them having no problem with closing your account if you request it. It is so bad until the automated system will do it for you....lol. I have been stuck with $500 every since I got the card and I have not heard of anyone getting a cli from them yet. How long ago did you apply with them? They pull from TU so if it is all better now, I will say go for it.

I think they have been a little stricter now since they had that credit glinch last year. People were getting approvals with $50k and some $100k and up. They were getting 2 cards when they were only suppose to have one.....maaaan, you missed it. I am glad I got denied when I tried again, because they were closing peoples accounts and choping limits from cards they had with them years ago. Nice recovery Barclays!
16 years 2 weeks ago #13
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Credit one, Orchard, and travelocity

Credit one, Orchard, and travelocity are on my chop list. I am seriously thinking about doing a balance transfer onto my cap1 card for all three since they sent me a 0% for 12 months last week. I just know that my scores are going to take a serious hit for this, it is going to look like I only had credit for a little pass two years (besides 4 other cards). Ohhhh, Lord!

yea in that regards if they are your oldest tradeline then you may want to keep them open...how is the travelocity MC...they denied me months ago...lol
16 years 2 weeks ago #14
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Credit one, Orchard, and travelocity

Credit one, Orchard, and travelocity are on my chop list. I am seriously thinking about doing a balance transfer onto my cap1 card for all three since they sent me a 0% for 12 months last week. I just know that my scores are going to take a serious hit for this, it is going to look like I only had credit for a little pass two years (besides 4 other cards). Ohhhh, Lord!
16 years 2 weeks ago #15