WAMU or Hooters

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: WAMU or Hooters

Shark6, your $4500 CL is a very nice limit. Keep working at it and you will be rewarded, don't be discouraged.
15 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: WAMU or Hooters

I've had my WAMU Visa for about a year now and it is still stuck on $4500- no CLI. However, to be honest, I was surprised that they gave me such a high limit to begin with.

My DH had Providian about 2-3yrs ago, started off with $1500. He doesn't charge more than 600 top at best. WAMU acquired Providian about 1-1/12 yrs ago. DH paid off the card and only carries a balance of under $300. WAMU increased his limit about 5mths ago to $4500 but they still charge him a monthly fee of $4.5 or $6. I have to remind him to call and ask for it to be dropped. I have to work on getting my balance down on this card.
15 years 8 months ago #2

Each bank gives CLI's for different reasons.

Citi: Heavy usage, on-time payments

Bank of America: The more relationships, the merrier, on-time payments

WaMu: I'm assuming it has to do with a mix of on-time payments, usage, credit score jump. I have heard a lot of people receive CLI's when their FICO has increased significantly.
15 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by cireone on topic Re: WAMU or Hooters

I had the card for approximately 6 months. i used it once for Christmas shopping, PIF, then used it to buy some clothes for work and paid installments. The CLI just appeared when I was online. My next WaMu card to work on is the MyPoints Visa. It only has a $500 CL and ive used it and been paying on time. I guess its a six month thing if you are good with your payments and score overall.
15 years 8 months ago #4

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: WAMU or Hooters

HJM] They sure dont!!!!!! That sucks cause I would like my account to grow. I currently have a CL of $1500 and I just hit 6 months w/ em! We shall see when the yr mark comes around. All I get are those... Balance transfer checks! :scared:

cireone] How long did you have the card before they gave you your 1st auto CLI?
15 years 8 months ago #5

WaMu doesn't take ANY requests from consumers for CLI's.
15 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by cireone on topic Re: WAMU or Hooters

Is there a back door # to ask for a increase with WAMU or hooters . I called WAMU and they said they only do random increase. That is the same thing Capital one said until you guys gave me a back door # and I got a increase today of $300. I really like my WAMU but would like a increase.

As far as I know I was given a CLI automatically by WaMu ($1,500 to make total credit line $2,250). I dont know if my account is sub-prime but I bank with them and make my payments on time regardless if its the minimum. Just have faith and it may come to you.
15 years 8 months ago #7

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Does WAMU allow 2 cards?

Awhile bakc I was offered the WaMu Real Rewards credit card whileinthe bank depositing money. This happened after I received my WaMu Platinum and before i was given a pre-approval for the MyPoints Visa.
I know at US Bank, they have something on their system that would automatically tell them if you are pre-approved for an item such as credit card, loans, etc right when your account is pulled up. I wonder if WaMu has a similiar system or do they ask every customer that comes through the door if they want to apply. The "retail associates (new name for tellers)," never inform that its a pre-screened offer so Im a bit confused and dont want to waste the embarrassment of a denial.
15 years 8 months ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Does WAMU allow 2 cards?

I would go into a local WaMu branch and ask a salesperson myself, not a teller.
15 years 8 months ago #9

Besides having two accounts, will WaMu give you anymore after that?????
15 years 8 months ago #10

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Does WAMU allow 2 cards?

I don't think the rep knew what he was talking about.
15 years 8 months ago #11

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Does WAMU allow 2 cards?

Thanks RivasGlo. I don't know why either. That's good to know.
15 years 8 months ago #12

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Does WAMU allow 2 cards?

Ive had my Wamu Platinum Visa since 12/2007 and I received a preapp in the mail about a week ago, I called and asked if I can have two cards and they said yes! So idk why they would tell u that :fun:
15 years 8 months ago #13

I have two cards issued by WaMu, so I don't see any reaon as to why they would limit you to just one. Are you in good standing with them??????
15 years 8 months ago #14

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Does WAMU allow 2 cards?

Thanks hjm331. I wonder why they told me that I couldn't have 2 cards then?
15 years 8 months ago #15