Carry Balances-Good or Bad?

Replied by smcc on topic If you carry a balance

If you carry a balance every month but your overall utilization of your card continues to lower I would think it would not hurt and even raise your score.
16 years 1 month ago #61

Replied by sophie on topic It will not ruin your

It will not ruin your credit if you do not pay the balance in full every month. If you pay at least half of your balance it does not sway your score much. If you constantly revolve it, it can lower your score a little.

16 years 1 month ago #62

Replied by liowkc on topic You should still pay in

You should still pay in full for your all credit cards each month; take a secured car lloan for your truck which offers substantially lower rates than credit cards
16 years 2 months ago #63
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by hjm331

As everyone here knows that I pay off my credit cards in full every month. But now, all that will come to a stop because I bought a new truck and I can't pay off my credit cards in full because I have to pay for my new truck.

I will not be applying for anything that has to do with credit for at least 2-3 years so utilization isn't a factor now.

What I want to know is that which will help increase my credit lines? Carrying a balance or paying off in full every month?
16 years 2 months ago #64