Amex zync?

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex zync?

My guess is because I opened 3 out of 4 accounts in the past 12 months, and I had balances on most of them.
My utilization at that point was around 20%

Definitely wait at least until all accounts have aged six months or more. You could get a denial along the lines of... "Too many new accounts opened in the last six months." etc.

However, you are correct; the Zync is the easiest Amex card to get. I started with one when I was 20 and two years credit history.
12 years 2 months ago #1
  • kwil142
  • kwil142's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by kwil142 on topic Re: Amex zync?

My guess is because I opened 3 out of 4 accounts in the past 12 months, and I had balances on most of them.
My utilization at that point was around 20%
12 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex zync?

I really want to get my foot in the door with AMEX. So I've read that Zync appears to be the easiest to get.
I currently have 4 Credit Cards (Citi Forward, Macys, Victoria Secret, and Ebay Mastercard)
My first one was opened 7/10.
My scores last updated in December were

Assuming you're young and your first credit card was opened 7/10, what had caused your scores to stay below 700? What is your current total utilization? You mentioned paying stuff off, if these payoffs have not updated to your credit report do not apply.
12 years 2 months ago #3
  • kwil142
  • kwil142's Avatar Topic Author

was created by kwil142

I really want to get my foot in the door with AMEX. So I've read that Zync appears to be the easiest to get.
I currently have 4 Credit Cards (Citi Forward, Macys, Victoria Secret, and Ebay Mastercard)
My first one was opened 7/10.
My scores last updated in December were: (Should be higher now, Paid everything off)
EQ- 682 EX-680 TU-674

Should I wait longer to apply or should I take a chance?
12 years 2 months ago #4