Bank of America

• Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Bank of America

New happenings... Bank of America (BofA) is allowing 'product changes' for those of us caught in the question of what card(s) do we have. I had a BofA/FIA College Affinity Card that they dropped it December 2011. Called today (January 5, 2012) and changed it to the "BankAmericard Cash Rewards" Card with the 3%2%1% cash program and full value redemption starting at $25 (received the card 01-27-12) Apr was 14.24% purchases and Apr 19.24% on cash. They cashed out my BofA/FIA Platinum Plus Visa College Affinity Card "Worldpoints" and I took it. They said they were not doing many credit line increases but, thought it would improve in the near future. Also, they were trying not to do line decreases.

Be aware, they did NOT do a 'hard inquiry' as I would not waste one on them at this time. Found out they knew everything about my credit report (as we talked on the telephone) and had it right in front of them (checked and there was no hard inquiry). The representative could read all inquiries, newly openned accounts and so on. Honesty was good! They knew.

Got this back door number for BofA Tele Marketing Sales (866) 238-9634. The telephone system jacked me around but, I got displeased and worked it through. They tried hard for me NOT to talk with a real person. FIA Card Services is being sold to US Bank's 'Elan Card Services' out of North Dakota and based on what I have seen, it equals "birds of a feather flock together." One is as bad as the other?! Anyway go for it. Remember... 'nothing ventured nothing gained'!!!

Noticed in looking at other financial websites that Bank of America/FIA Card Services has pulled their cards. You need to go to Bank of America's website to get the scoop on real Bank of America Bank credit cards. In fact, some of their cards that we know exist do not come up on their website so you have to do a search!
12 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Bank of America

Dang, Elan is getting big! When I first got my card with them... back in 2008? They were like nothing. Nobody knew what the heck the company was! This is exciting for them, but as a current customer I am doubtful because their customer service already lacks (e.g. long hold time, online payment interface is old school, etc.).
12 years 3 months ago #2
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Wanderer

WOW! Hot off the presses. From the Minneapolis Star dated 122111 at 9:05pm:

U.S. Bank buys $700 million credit portfolio from BofA Article by: Jennifer Bjorhouse of the Star Tribune

"U.S. Bank has bought a $700 million portfolio of credit cards from Bank of America, as BofA exits the business of handling cards for other financial institutions. Minneapolis-based U.S. Bank said Wednesday that the portfolio being acquired by its Elan Financial Services unit includes small business and consumer cards from 28 banks, credit unions and other financial institutions, including investment bank Edward Jones. It's one of the largest credit card acquisitions Elan has made in its four decades."

The changes at one of the United States biggest banks just keep on coming. As most folks already know, Bank of America has had many challenges since it acquired Counrtyside Mortgage. There were back room comments a couple of months back on whether Bank of America would survive (doubted the comments but...?). If you have a Bank of America Credit Card issued through FIA Card Services but NOT a direct card from BOA, you may see 'Elan' which is owned by US Bank of North Dakota in the future.
12 years 3 months ago #3