LVNV Funding

• patrick12
  • patrick12's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: LVNV Funding

LVNV funding is up to their same old tricks again! About 4 months ago, I disputed 2 collection accounts with them after they refused to respond with debt verification letters! They were both removed fairly quickly, I get an email from Equifax today that I have a new collection account on my report! I look into it, its LVNV funding again, and this time they reaged the account,and they are reporting it 120 days late, before it was showing being opened in 2011, now its 2009 and they even changed the account number, this took my score from 708 down to a 686! I am glad they have did this and I will tell you why, what they have done is a HUGE violation of FCRA rules, once an account has been disputed and removed, its not allowed back on a consumers file, with that said, they reaged the account and changed the account number to place it back on my bureau, I have a copy of my credit report showing where they deleted both accounts, for the same amounts, now I can print this report off and mail it with my old copy showing the deletions to the FCRA, this gives them the power to investigate this situation with LVNV funding, if they are infact found in violation of reaging those accounts, they will be subjected to fines, also, I can sue them for up to a max of $1,000 in personal damages! I have tried to play nice with these people, now its time to heat things up a bit! :cool:
11 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by LOURDES305 on topic Re: LVNV Funding

Have any of you paid LVNV Funding any amount of money or is making payments?
12 years 3 weeks ago #17

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: LVNV Funding

Hello All!

I'm new here & grateful to learn so much from this forum. I too have LVNV on my credit report for 2 credit cards I had back in college (about 5 yrs ago) that I would love to have removed! They are the meanest collection agency, they truly don't want to work with people so I was pretty much like fine, whatever I'll just wait for the statute of limitation to be up on this debt but if I could get it removed sooner that would really help take my credit score to the next level.

Patrick you're right, they are reporting the debt to the credit bureaus as an Installment loan when both were Dept Store CC (JCPenney, Walmart)...

So my question is, what type of letter am I supposed to send them? Does anyone have a template?

Depending on what state you live in. You may not have to wait much longer. Just make sure you don't do anything to restart the clock on that old debt. Companies like them play dirty. They will try anything to try and scare you into doing something stupid so watch your back. If you have discovered they broke the law. Then you should also contact the Federal Trade Commision. If the statute of limitations has run out. Then they are SOL and tell them to stop calling. Make sure you document everything. Good luck!!!
12 years 1 month ago #18

Replied by Nina Mari on topic Re: LVNV Funding

Hello All!

I'm new here & grateful to learn so much from this forum. I too have LVNV on my credit report for 2 credit cards I had back in college (about 5 yrs ago) that I would love to have removed! They are the meanest collection agency, they truly don't want to work with people so I was pretty much like fine, whatever I'll just wait for the statute of limitation to be up on this debt but if I could get it removed sooner that would really help take my credit score to the next level.

Patrick you're right, they are reporting the debt to the credit bureaus as an Installment loan when both were Dept Store CC (JCPenney, Walmart)...

So my question is, what type of letter am I supposed to send them? Does anyone have a template?
12 years 1 month ago #19

Replied by loni on topic Re: LVNV Funding

The statue of limitations does come into play here. However, LVNV is stating on my credit report that this account was opened on 9/11. I filed a dispute with Experian 2 days ago and stated that the acct was open on 12/04 and am crossing my fingers that this will be resolved soon but would also like to be proactive and send a valadation letter. If the dispute with Experian works I will also be mailing my dispute to Transunion and Equaifax.
12 years 2 months ago #20

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: LVNV Funding

Question? Does NOT the statue of limitations (six years) come into play here. Also, negative credit is required to be removed after seven years. It does not matter if they sell the debt several times. It is effective to the first date not some date they find convenient.

They are very likely violating the law and the States Attorney General or States Commerce Department along with the Feds could weigh in.

The credit bureaus know this so you will have very solid ground on a challenge and removal of the negative reporting seven years (except judgements, tax liens and bankruptcies).
12 years 2 months ago #21

Replied by loni on topic Re: LVNV Funding

Hi Patrick, the same thing happened to me. LVNV is trying to collect a debt of $250 and the acct is over 7 years old. I had no phone calls or mail to alert me that were trying to collect a debt. I received a notice from Experian stating that my credit score dropped 74 points. I just filed a dispute through Experian and came accross your posts. I would like to also send LVNV a validation letter. Do you have a copy that I can use? It would be greatly appreciated.
12 years 2 months ago #22
  • patrick12

LVNV FUNDING
Resurgent Capital Services LP
15 S Main St Suite 600
Greenville, SC 29601
12 years 2 months ago #23

Replied by tdenstad on topic Re: LVNV Funding

Patrick,

I too had the same issue. I had Arrowhead Financial as the original CA, and then I received a letter from another agency in Buffalo, which I DV'd back in the summer of 2010. After not hearing from them for about 60 days, I sent a follow up to the new CA and never heard back. About a year ago the Arrowhead TL fell off my report. Today, I did a routine check of my Experian report and LVNV was listed - same as you, opened 8/11 and finally reported 1/9/12. I have my DV for LVNV ready to send; wanted to see which office address you sent the letter to...

I've done some research and found most have set it to the address in Charleston. Please advise.

Tyler
12 years 2 months ago #24

Replied by piper on topic Re: LVNV Funding

Very nice! Mine is still on my report but they have reported that it was paid in full. When I looked at the letter they sent, it did indeed say that they took my payment ($100- I owed $450) I guess I will just have to wait for mine to drop off. in my case, it was a fairly recent debt that I needed to handle and am grateful they took as little as they did.

I haven't done a full search yet, but is there a place on this site with some sample letters so one will know how to get started on those? I just found out that I have an old debt that I am pretty sure I paid off years ago popping up from pallisades collections. From what I have researched on the web, they are not to great to deal with and they are right on the top reporting every month , no payment. I don't even know what is for! I have also read to never call these people so I need to know how to even get started. I will look through the threads and site but if anyone has a quick link that would be great.
12 years 2 months ago #25
  • patrick12

*******UPDATE*********
Looks like so far one of the LVNV accounts has been deleted from my Equifax file, TransUnion and Experian are still pending investigation, looks like the validation letter is do what its supposed to! :cool:
12 years 3 months ago #26

Replied by piper on topic Re: LVNV Funding

They popped up on my credit report just last week! I am trying to get my credit score back on track and started out by paying on an old debt collection. I went online and paid down on what was owed. The very next day it was reported as a potentially negative strike on my score, it wasn't there before or it was very far down in the past. When I look at the details though it says "paying as agreed" or something similar so I'm not sure what this will do to my already low score. Darn!
12 years 3 months ago #27
  • patrick12

:cool:
12 years 3 months ago #28
  • patrick12

Oh! Trust me! I will definately stay on these FOOLS!!! I have read so many articles where they have destroyed peoples credit on purpose, mainly by reporting inaccurate information on their bureaus! There are federal laws that protect us consumers and give us rights to STOP people like this! I have no problem making something right with sensible people, but when you go behind my back, report negative information about me, without first sending me a notice or even validating the fact, I have a major problem with that! When I was younger and ignorant about credit, I let companies like this take me to court and win a judgement because I was too scared to face them! Those days are over, I got my game face on now! I am educated and know my rights! No wonder people give up in life? They get treated like animals and ruined by morons like this! Justice will prevail you mark my words!:cheesing:
12 years 3 months ago #29

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: LVNV Funding

Wow! Glad you were able to work things out. But that's still a lot of work. Stay strong! :thumbsup:
12 years 3 months ago #30