Help- what does "high risk source of application" denial mean?

Replied by scamps218 on topic Re: Help- what does "high risk source of application" denial mean?

I am not an expert, but it sounds like there is a glitch in their online application process. Were you applying from a computer terminal in a public setting? Do several people use the computer that you applied from? Is there a security setting on the computer that blocks third-party advertising?
12 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Help- what does "high risk source of application" denial mean?

Hi Jtulcu,

Do you have a credit protection service running, I.E. LifeLock? Another possibility is that "high risk source of application" refers to incorrect application info, such as a wrong social security number or zip code. This would be worth a phone call to confirm.

Please update us when you figure out what it was exactly.
12 years 9 months ago #2
  • jtulcu
  • jtulcu's Avatar Topic Author

was created by jtulcu

I am hoping if anyone knows what this means. I applied for Old Navy online and received an email directing me to site to check on the status. It says we are sorry, etc. The reasons stated - "high risk source of application". The box for "we used this credit angency, etc", or "you have derogatory, etc" were not checked, I assuming they did not run a report? There is no inquiry from them on any agency. Where they list what bureau they used , that box is unchecked and no bureau listed. I am rebuilding credit, but i have care credit and brand source with GE Money, one for 18 months the other for six- all paid on time and around 50 percent utilization. Scores are all between 660-670. Only 1 derogatory - BK discharged in 2006. I am currently deployed and applied from overseas. Before i call, I was wondering if anyone knows what this means?
12 years 9 months ago #3