Good Strategy to get higher CLI's

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Does Sears give CLIs?

I have a Sears Master card and the last automatic limit increase was about 8 months ago. They used to give them to me on a regular basis with out me asking it. I don't know if they would give me one now because I have not used it in quite a while.
15 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Does Sears give CLIs?

I have to check my Sears bill but I have read that Sears is now a Citi account. With Macy's, I just called and they gave me an CLI with no hard pulls.

With Sears, I went online, request the CLI which says at the bottom requires a hard pull.

I will keep u updated re the results of the CLI review.

I just disputed 4 inquiries on line for me and DH re the method on Equifax. I'm hoping that they are deleted.

Ialso disputed 3 online for TU for me.
15 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Does Sears give CLIs?

When did Sears go over to Citi? Last year I tried to get Sears credit to buy some lawn equipment for my new house and the app was from HSBC. At the time I thought I would get approved since I had an Orchard card but was denied. Maybe I should try again? I don't have any idea what my scores were then except they were in the low 600's because I bought my house in May 07.
15 years 9 months ago #3
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Does Sears give CLIs?

The Sears cards are issued by Citi so they should be giving CLI's every 6 months or so. Citi is pretty good with CLI's on their Macy's card so I don't know why they wouldn't with their Sears card since Sears sells large ticket items such as appliances, televisions, etc.
15 years 9 months ago #4

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Does Sears give CLIs?

Cireone, I dont know but I just applied on line for a CLI. We have had this card from 1996, I just checked the plate of the card and we have never had a CLI or requested one. The CI is $1810. I requested $2k and got this message:

Credit Line Increase Request Confirmation Sunday, June 29, 2008
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-9
Based on the information you submitted, your request for a Credit Line Increase will be forwarded to our Credit Department for review. You'll receive a response from us via U.S. mail within 7-10 business days.
Thank you for using our website.

That doesn't sound promising but we DH's scores are over 680 and we have been loyal card holders for over 12yrs. Has anyone had luck with a CLI from Sears?
15 years 9 months ago #5

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Does Sears give CLIs?

Does the Sears store card ahve the same criteria for applying than the mastercard???
15 years 9 months ago #6

Replied by shark6 on topic Does Sears give CLIs?

Does anyone knows if the Sears card have a luv button or how thy are with their CLIs?

We have had this card I'm sure over 8yrs or more and we have never had a CLI. In fact, we have also never asked for one and we have been stuck at $1810 from the beginning.

We don't use it on a every month basis, more so during their sales or around the holiday season.

Has anyone have a Sears experience to share?
15 years 9 months ago #7
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Hi Eric, have a

Hi Eric,
have a question, I have a good relationship with BOA and every now and then I get offers for a business card and line of credit. Is this nothing more than the bank offering additional products based on current relationship? Obviously they have no idea if I am self employed, but why not offer me a more prestigious card where the rate of applying is higher vs a business card? Thanks for your time

Thats exactly what they are looking for...BofA wants all your business... Your business cards, your personal cards, mortgage, bank account, line of credit, CDs etc....we love building multiple relationships with our customers.
16 years 2 months ago #8

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Here is a link about

Here is a link about BofA what to expect for a CREDIT LINE, it may be a decrease

http://consumerist.com/352782/banks-get-stingier-with-credit-cards
16 years 2 months ago #9

Replied by smcc on topic Hi Eric, have a

Hi Eric,
have a question, I have a good relationship with BOA and every now and then I get offers for a business card and line of credit. Is this nothing more than the bank offering additional products based on current relationship? Obviously they have no idea if I am self employed, but why not offer me a more prestigious card where the rate of applying is higher vs a business card? Thanks for your time
16 years 2 months ago #10
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic HJM---sounds like a good plan,

HJM---sounds like a good plan, but it could only work with certain banks. Alot of cards have a transaction fee associated with the access checks ex. BofA, Chase etc. Also some banks charge interest from day one of that check. So you only can take advantages of this if you have a 0% and no transaction fee.

Also kudos to Porgy ...I agree with him totally...there is no real way of cheating the "fico system". :cheesing: With all good things it takes time. HJM you are just starting with the credit system. Give it some time. You will be getting credit cards like Porgy in time.

Also B of A's top of line cards are Visa Signature or the World Mastercard. Ive also see just Platinum Visa's and Mastercard's with a 75k-100k limit. So it doesnt matter. The Signature and World cards just have a extra feature or two. Also there is no pre-set limit with the Signature and World cards. Porgy closed his because they weren't reporting his limit which as I said before the signature cards do not necessarily have a limit. Hope this helps. :cool:
16 years 2 months ago #11

Replied by porgy1000 on topic wow, your doing great, my

wow, your doing great, my largest BofA card has a $50,000 credit line. Now that they merged with MBNA where my cards originated, I have found they are not doing auto increases like they used to. When BofA raised my account to 50K from 35K they just did it on their own. I did not ask them for a line increase.

Again, I am not sure how they consider your income. I have never updated my job info with BofA on the cards that I have open with them. I applied for and was issued the signature visa in April of 2007 (gave them my income for that). On my credit reports it still states my job but NOT my income. The one to ask about that is Eric on this site, he works for BofA credit card dept.

My newest American Experess card I just opened in January of 2008 and they gave me a $75,000 credit line. I have no idea what they base that on though, although I would assume they go by my income, fico score etc. I was surprised that they gave me such a high limit on a new account. I never even heard of that AX card until I came on here and saw everyone talking about it, so I called and they issued me one.

DO NOT get the BofA signature card . I closed mine. Please go to the Credit Card Reviews and see the posting I made about the signature BofA card. You may want to NOT have that card, it really hurts your credit scores. :shocked:
16 years 2 months ago #12

Replied by smcc on topic Porgy1000 I always appreciate your

Porgy1000 I always appreciate your info. Have a question, I have been with BOA since 2003 starting with a $3200 limit and working my way up to $33K as of Dec 2007. In June I will try for a CLI of $7000. I try to make 4 payments a month and all payments are above the minimum. Now the BankAmericard has a $100K limit. My question is at what point will, or if, BOA will offer their best card (Visa Signature is what I assume to be their best card) to me? At what level does your Monthly income become more scrutinized to attain the next highest credit level, i.e., $50k, 60k, etc.?
16 years 2 months ago #13

Replied by porgy1000 on topic your credit line with capital

your credit line with capital one is 000?????? I hope that is a typo LOL

Yes you need an open trade line for a minimum of $5000 for 36 pays as agreed months to get to the point of a high fico score
16 years 2 months ago #14
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic I might have to do

I might have to do a product upgrade with Capital One since my max. amount CL is only$,000.
3 Years is plenty of time though, also a long way to go. I guess have 30 months to go! :cool:
16 years 2 months ago #15