Product Upgrade/Conversion

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Product Upgrade/Conversion

Well to my suprise on 5/2/11 I received an email from B of A. It was for a complimentary product upgrade for my Black Visa Signature with World Points. To upgrade it to Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card. So I called them to ask them about it. I asked them if they could change the Amex card I've already got to a Visa. I figured since my Visa would become an AMEX. I decided that I didn't need two B of A AMEX cards from them. They said yes immediately and asked if I wanted a Visa or Mastercard. They said I would have both cards in two to three weeks. I asked about the Points I had and they said that they would become cash rewards. So it seems like a sweet deal all the terms stay the same. Another point I asked about was the flexible spending part of the signature card. They said that the Accelerated Cash Rewards AMEX has the same feature. Which was something I wasn't aware of on the AMEX card. Has anyone else come across the same offer from B of A?

Impressive!!! You have a great B of A relationship. Nice cards. There is a credit guru out there...!!! WOW! Congrats!
12 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: Product Upgrade/Conversion

Well to my suprise on 5/2/11 I received an email from B of A. It was for a complimentary product upgrade for my Black Visa Signature with World Points. To upgrade it to Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card. So I called them to ask them about it. I asked them if they could change the Amex card I've already got to a Visa. I figured since my Visa would become an AMEX. I decided that I didn't need two B of A AMEX cards from them. They said yes immediately and asked if I wanted a Visa or Mastercard. They said I would have both cards in two to three weeks. I asked about the Points I had and they said that they would become cash rewards. So it seems like a sweet deal all the terms stay the same. Another point I asked about was the flexible spending part of the signature card. They said that the Accelerated Cash Rewards AMEX has the same feature. Which was something I wasn't aware of on the AMEX card. Has anyone else come across the same offer from B of A?
12 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Product Upgrade/Conversion

I to was upgraded by B of A from Platinum Plus Visa with Worldpoints to their black Visa Signature with Worldpoints. I just got another of many balance transfer offers from them also. It was 0% till Nov 2011 & one Worldpoint for every dollar of the transfer.

Congrats. I really like the card design. I do wish that it still reported my $15,000 credit line though.....

Does anybody know if Chase will do a product conversion?
13 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: Product Upgrade/Conversion

I to was upgraded by B of A from Platinum Plus Visa with Worldpoints to their black Visa Signature with Worldpoints. I just got another of many balance transfer offers from them also. It was 0% till Nov 2011 & one Worldpoint for every dollar of the transfer.
13 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Product Upgrade/Conversion

I thought all BankAmericards were Visa's but apparently they have one for Mastercard to because I recently asked to convert my Platinum plus Mastercard with World points to a BankAmericard and was approved and today it was finally converted but to a BankAmericard Power Rewards Platinum plus Mastercard

Weird. They upgraded (automatically) my Visa Gold to a Visa Signature (with World Points) in September. It is not a BankAmericard. I am actually okay with this though, because I like their black Visa Signature card.

I am just happy to see a bank offering upgrades/conversions because other banks won't do it anymore. They claim it is because of CARD ACT that they can't.
13 years 2 months ago #5

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Product Upgrade/Conversion

I thought all BankAmericards were Visa's but apparently they have one for Mastercard to because I recently asked to convert my Platinum plus Mastercard with World points to a BankAmericard and was approved and today it was finally converted but to a BankAmericard Power Rewards Platinum plus Mastercard

You are on a roll! No sweat... it is good to have a mix of different card types. Remember the Boy Scout Motto: "... always be prepared..." so when you travel carry a Visa and a Mastercard just in case a newtwork fails or the security system doesn't like you for awhile! Your covered. Man are you HOT!!!
13 years 2 months ago #6

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Product Upgrade/Conversion

I thought all BankAmericards were Visa's but apparently they have one for Mastercard to because I recently asked to convert my Platinum plus Mastercard with World points to a BankAmericard and was approved and today it was finally converted but to a BankAmericard Power Rewards Platinum plus Mastercard.:confused:
13 years 2 months ago #7

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Product Upgrade/Conversion

Today i decided to convert my chase platinum visa to a chase freedom card and to my surprise was very easy and painless lol. it took less than ten minutes and i get to keep my number from my platinum visa card and the terms that went with it when i applied for it.the csr i talked to was an american who made the process enjoyable.
14 years 9 months ago #8

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Credit card conversions

How many have done or are thinking of doing acredit card conversion? I have done 1 American Express conversion and now on my 2nd Amex conversion. My Amex Clear was not doing it for me so I am converting to Blue Cash.
14 years 10 months ago #9
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Gk, how old was your

Gk, how old was your account? What number did you call to get your card upgraded?
16 years 2 months ago #10

Replied by gk8491 on topic Smcc, I called BofA today

Smcc, I called BofA today and they said that I couldn't upgrade because of the type of card I had which is a student card. Now isn't that a load of [crap].

*Edited by FG*

I was able to convert a student card to Boa Amex without a problem. Call them again and tell them you want add Word Points rewards to your card.
16 years 2 months ago #11
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Thanks for the info Eric.

Thanks for the info Eric. Well it looks like I'm going to have to wait a couple of years until I can apply for one of their cards. BofA doesn't give too many CLI's huh?
16 years 2 months ago #12
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic hey HJM Whenever we upgrade an

hey HJM

Whenever we upgrade an account we dont say that this is a new account number and you lose the time factor. Actually our systems make the old account number "shadow" the new number. So that you still get the time credit for the account and you get the upgrade. Yes you get a new number but our system would show us that the account has been open since whenever you originally opened the account.
16 years 2 months ago #13
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic smcc, I've had the card

smcc, I've had the card 7 months now. They started me out with $700. I asked them for a $500 CLI but they only approved me for $300. Remember, no late payments, never went over the limit. I stopped using the card ever since they didn't upgrade me to the Americard. Maybe that will change their mind lol
16 years 2 months ago #14

Replied by smcc on topic HJM331, all is not lost.

HJM331, all is not lost. if you are working and going to school you should be able to apply for one of their standard Visa's. How long have you had your Student Visa? My son had a secured Visa from the bank and made his payments on time for a year and they gave him an unsecured card for $1000
16 years 2 months ago #15