Bank of America Visa Signature Card

• smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Problem is now that you have two Signature Cards, both identical in every sense of the word with one giving you 1.5 pts to 1 and the other is 1 to 1. Benefits and perks are the same.

You would think that Card Services would take a deep breath and say "He already has one, lets just consolidate both cards into one Signature Card and Grandfather him in to an Accolades card :cheesing: ". Again, in a perfect world............

Oh well, one day at a time, one on time payment at a time, one CLI at a time, one 5% raise a year at a time :cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

I am a speed talker, I don't think you would want to bet me on that one:laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #17

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

BankAmericard Signature, say that five times fast.
15 years 4 months ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

YOU GO SMCC!
:white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #19
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

BOA just notified me they will be upgrading my BankAmericard to a Visa Signature BankAmericard as of Feb 09. I already have a Visa Signature Card. This new BankAmericard Visa Signature will keep all my BankAmericard perks, i.e. 1.5 points per dollar spent. Problem as I see it is that I will have a Flexible Spending Account with the bank worth $41K. I bring this up to also show fellow BOA customers that the Visa Signature has different "flavors" and all is not what it seems.

There is nothing left but the Accolades card and I don't know if this strategy will give me favor in Grandfathering into that card (Accolades). Trying to use the $41K of credit to my advantage to make as much of an inroad into the company while at the same time trying to position myself for bigger and better things.

Then again maybe I have hit the wall...................
15 years 4 months ago #20
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

hjm331 received Signature Card Saturday in the mail. 0 % APR until Jan 2010 ! 9.9% thereafter. Since I have a checking acct also at BOA, Client Rep suggested I could move the 10K limit from my card to my checking acct and make better use of the limit since its 0% apr. BOA is also sponsoring a Card Protection program for $19.95 a month that will pay up to $500 a month for 9 months should you be laid off, etc..

Thought you should know.................
15 years 7 months ago #21
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

HJM331 my Visa Signature Account has been posted to my Online Banking Account and it does show a limit. Just thought you should know...........
15 years 7 months ago #22
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Update on Bank of America Visa Signature Card. Have been going round and round with Card Services and what I have found is this, once you reach 20% of your income in credit limit. Bank Of America will not issue you another card or increase the amount of the card with the limit that is 20% of your income. What they will do is give you another card but will ask you to move some of your limit from Card (a) to the new card your looking into. This is also under the assumption that you are in good credit standing. The Visa Signature Card is granted wth a minimum $10K limit. Since I cant be approved for a credit line increase anymore, my only option to get this card was to move $10K off my Bank Americard to this card. Where it really sucks is that I will never get a CLI on either of these cards because I'm at my limit with the bank until my salary increases to warrant more credit being alloted to me.
15 years 7 months ago #23
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

hjm331, spoke with Card Services at BOA. They informed me that my Visa Signature Card will come with a $40k limit to compliment my BankAmericard. This limit will be reported to all the Credit Bureau's. Any purchases that will take me over the $40k limit will be at the discretion of the bank.

The Platinum Plus MasterCard that I applied for to start this process was cancelled and the upgrade was started.

The Client Rep also said that other than the no pre set spending limit, the card can get you into exclusive restaurants, concert events, other activities that the platinum plus cards can't do.

Look into this HJM331 if this card fits your lifestyle. Then again by the time you get to my age, this card will be old news for you and you will have that ultimate AMEX card :cheesing: !

Keep plugging HJM331, your turn is next !
15 years 7 months ago #24

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Smcc, if you have this card report a limit to your report, then I will ask BOA to convert my WorldPoints card into this one.
15 years 7 months ago #25
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic No Pre Set Spending Limit Explained

Hi everyone:

Can't speak for everyone but I know that I was unsure of the definition of "No Pre Set Spending Limit". I hope this article helps those who are in the dark about it too

http://www.arrivefinancial.com/blog/2007/10/20/no-pre-set-spending-limits-explained/
15 years 7 months ago #26
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Have a question HJM331. I was talking to a BOA Customer Service Rep about the Visa Signature Card and she told me that although the card has no Pre Set Spending Limit what it means is that if you have a limit and go over your limit with a purchase that BOA won't deny that purchase based on their discretion. If this is the case then there has to be a limit to the card. I know Porgy posted something different but that's what the rep said.

So if there is a TRUE limit associated with this card, then having it posted on your Credit Report can not be a bad thing.
15 years 7 months ago #27

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Smcc, thanks for the shoutout. I know the card that you are talking about my credit file isn't thick enough to carry this card. It will hurt my score when no limit gets reported. Thanks for the info though. I will look into it in the future.
15 years 7 months ago #28
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Bank of America Visa Signature Card

Since I have some "dings" on my Credit Report, It will be awhile for the American Express that I want. That said, there is the Bank of America Visa Signature which has no pre set spending limit and as close to an AMEX as BOA can get.

I know at one time Porgy was not very high on this card but I figured I would apply for it. Went into an office this morning and found out the bank has a "premiere" program that deals with customers with high net worth. One of the perks of this program is the Visa Signature Card. First of all, I am not one of those people but I have a good relationship with the bank.

What I was told is that if your a BOA customer, have a Platinum Plus Credit Card, and a perfect payment history they will upgrade you to a Visa Signature Card ! I have the BankAmericard but was told that they could not upgrade this card. The bank suggested that I apply for a Platinum Plus Card and once I receive this call in and immediately call in and ask for the upgrade. I applied in the office and got approved. The whole process will take 6 weeks.

I bring this up because hjm331 is a loyal BOA customer and he is trying to secure a better card. HJM331, I know you keep your cards payed on time and squared away, check into this card if it fits your fancy and have a Platinum Plus Card. If you don't, upgrade to the Platinum Plus and keep a good history with it for a year and there you are ! For everyone else who is a BOA customer something to think about, Its not an AMEX, but it offers many of the same advantages.
15 years 7 months ago #29

Replied by hjm331 on topic I will probably upgrade to

I will probably upgrade to the Americard when my account becomes 1 year old. It will be 1 year old this June. I will probably apply for the BofA AMEX in a year or two. Since I already have an AMEX right now, do you think it'll give me a good advantage in getting approved for the BofA AMEX?
16 years 2 months ago #30