Vote your favorite card here!

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Cap 1 is now my favorite card

How long did you have your Cap1 before asking for the increase...what is the Black door number?:worried:
15 years 9 months ago #91

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

BOfA secured cc, when you apply for the card do they take the money from you checking account or do you have to write them a check?

Hi KMoney, if you have a savings or checking account with BofA you can elect to have them take funds from those accounts. But if you don't have an account with them you send in a personal check which they electronically put in the account.
15 years 9 months ago #92

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

BOfA secured cc, when you apply for the card do they take the money from you checking account or do you have to write them a check?
15 years 9 months ago #93

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Rob, how long have you had your FPB card for?
15 years 9 months ago #94
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

:laugh: :cool:
15 years 9 months ago #95

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Meya, you really are too much, LOL:fun:.
15 years 9 months ago #96
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

Shark6, Nordstrom isn't the only card that will close your account for inactivity. Most, if not all lenders will close your account for inactivity nowadays. That is why I recommend for sockdrawered cards to be used every 2-3 months to make a small purchase and pay it off ASAP.

You are totally correct!:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #97
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: You choose the right thang Babaaaay Ahhh huh!
15 years 9 months ago #98

Cap 1 is now my favorite card.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #99

Rob, that's great news! You did the right thing, at least you won't have to keep on paying $7 a month to keep your account alive anymore

Thank you and cancelling FP now won't affect account history too much either.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #100

Rob, that's great news! You did the right thing, at least you won't have to keep on paying $7 a month to keep your account alive anymore.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #101

Rob, I think they base the CLI on your payment history if I'm not mistaken. But, then again, when I got denied for a CLI, I received a letter stating the reasons for denial from the bureau they checked so at most, it's a soft pull.

I went ahead and requested a cli and got approved. They gave me a 300 increase and I went ahead a did a BT from First Premier for 200. That means next month First Premier will be HISTORY! I don't care if I will be paying 15% interest. Got to be cheaper than FP's monthly servicing fees and internet access fees. :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #102

Rob, I think they base the CLI on your payment history if I'm not mistaken. But, then again, when I got denied for a CLI, I received a letter stating the reasons for denial from the bureau they checked so at most, it's a soft pull.
15 years 9 months ago #103

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

Shark6, Nordstrom isn't the only card that will close your account for inactivity. Most, if not all lenders will close your account for inactivity nowadays. That is why I recommend for sockdrawered cards to be used every 2-3 months to make a small purchase and pay it off ASAP.
15 years 9 months ago #104

Cap 1 gives me $500 CLI's every 6 months when I call the backdoor number. You might want to follow the same routine.

I tried twice last month. Do you know if it is a hard or soft pull everytime you call the backdoor number? If it is a soft I will try again tonight.
15 years 9 months ago #105