Vote your favorite card here!

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

I run away when I hear AmEx but my mother has a Discover card and I help her manage the account and they seem conservative yet stable. They will be on my list when I go on an spree in June 2011.
14 years 7 months ago #46

Replied by rabbit713 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

My favorite cards are my American Express Blue Cash and Gold, and i also love my Discover its a chic magnet because its pink...LOL!
14 years 7 months ago #47

My favorite card hands down is my Capital One Platinum, been a painless card with great credit limit increases and the best service

Can't argue with you there.
14 years 7 months ago #48

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

My favorite card hands down is my Capital One Platinum, been a painless card with great credit limit increases and the best service! :white-flag: :white-flag:
14 years 7 months ago #49
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
14 years 7 months ago #50

When I think of AMEX, financial reviews and CLD's come to mind.
14 years 7 months ago #51

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Costco American Express! :D
14 years 7 months ago #52

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

I think that is why Chase and Discover have come out the best in the credit crisis. They didn't give out a credit card to anybody who had a pulse. I was surprised that Amex got into the sub prime mess. When I think of Amex, I think of the wealthy people.
14 years 7 months ago #53

Looks like Citi got hit the hardest with their stock at a few dollars a share. They're the most consumer-friendly bank, maybe a little too friendly. They need to tighten their credit standards as to who they extend credit to.
14 years 7 months ago #54

What I think is that so many creditors have given credit to people who had really lousy credit scores or didn't have the means to pay it back and look where it got them. When the credit crisis hit, the CCC's freaked out and started to do the rate jacks, account closures, and CLD's on just about everybody. Chase has weathered the credit crisis quite well, looks like Discover has done the same.
14 years 7 months ago #55

Maybe it's just a sign of the times. Even if Chase reduces my limit, I'm going to keep my credit card account open to see how they do in the next few years.

However, if they close it, it's a wrap. :upset:
14 years 7 months ago #56

I don't know why Chase has left me pretty much alone. Probably because I still use thier cards on a consistant basis and make an effort not to go overboard. Every time I have had a problem with anything to do with my accounts, Chase has handled it in a professional manner and quickly as well.
14 years 7 months ago #57

That's how it was me and BoA. I had a checking, a savings, and two credit cards with them. I'm surprised they didn't close my checking account while they were at it.

Oh well, lesson learned. Never trust the big banks regardless of how many CLI's they grant you or how low your interest rate is.
14 years 7 months ago #58

Right now, I carry a balance on my Freedom card because it is the card that I bought my laptop on. But right now, I don't use it that much because 98% of where I shop takes Amex and I like the rewards structure on those cards. Chase hasn't given me a ratejack, closed my accounts or given me a CLD. Chase has pretty much given me a lot of things. They probably don't want to lose a customer like me because I have 2 CC's with them and a checking account. Three of my friends signed up for Chase checking accounts.
14 years 7 months ago #59

Eldarwen, is your Chase Freedom a PIF card? I always PIF on my Chase PerfectCard because it's not a good idea to revolve a balance on Chase cards. They are known for their account closures and ratejacks.
14 years 7 months ago #60