Vote your favorite card here!

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

1. Discover
2. Amex Green

I uses those cards more than anything. Discover offers the best online acct management of any issuer. The rewards are straightforward. The interest is low. 24/7 CS with ENGLISH SPEAKERS. Includes travel insurance and CDW for rentals. 1% cash back on any purchases (no max) + 5% cash back on special categories that rotate through the year.

Amex, well, we have had a shaky relationship, but they have recovered from their fall last year. Gotta love the extended warranty protection, purchase protection, CDW for rentals, travel insurance, and great CS. I really would prefer Discover's rewards program over the point system.

How long does an electronic payment usually take from Amex and Discover? My favorite thing about my Classic Visa from Unitus Community Credit Union is the ability to make instant payments towards my visa balance.
13 years 7 months ago #16

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

1. Discover
2. Amex Green

I uses those cards more than anything. Discover offers the best online acct management of any issuer. The rewards are straightforward. The interest is low. 24/7 CS with ENGLISH SPEAKERS. Includes travel insurance and CDW for rentals. 1% cash back on any purchases (no max) + 5% cash back on special categories that rotate through the year.

Amex, well, we have had a shaky relationship, but they have recovered from their fall last year. Gotta love the extended warranty protection, purchase protection, CDW for rentals, travel insurance, and great CS. I really would prefer Discover's rewards program over the point system.
13 years 7 months ago #17

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Chase Business Visa with "Ink" as a "Freedom" Card. They have paid me many cash dollars!!!:moneybag:
13 years 7 months ago #18

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

PayPal Mastercard
13 years 7 months ago #19

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

My favorite card would have to be my Citi card because of it's a great "all-around' credit card. It doesn't offer a rewards program but I'm not really interested in having one. Citi customer service is one of the best and I love the fact that they report your balance and the other info to the bureaus the same day as your statement closing date and you can see all the updated info when you pull your credit report the next day.
13 years 8 months ago #20

Replied by cce on topic Re: What's your favorite card?

Macy's Visa... They keep mail and statements at a minimum. :cool:
13 years 8 months ago #21

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: What's your favorite card?

My go to card is my Amex Gold Premier and my back up card is the Amazon.com Visa issued by Chase. I only use my Discover card for the cashback bonus mall.
13 years 8 months ago #22

Replied by JoeArg29 on topic Re: What's your favorite card?

List all your [I

current[/I] credit cards and specify your top two favorite(s)]#1 choice!![/B] - 9.5% APR Fixed

My Unitus CU VISA is by far my favorite card. Before I obtained this card in January I typically only used my credit cards for large purchases or unexpected things. (Which was totally the wrong logic.) I was a debit guy. Now, with this VISA right after I make a purchase I am able to make an instant payment directly from my CU checking & savings accounts. I use this card for everything! It deducts the payment instantly from my CU checking & savings accounts, producing a very accurate budget. My Capital One is next, only because it has a 0% APR until next year... so if I need to carry a balance that's the one (which I am now >_>). (I call it the devil card!) The elan card sucks, but it's my original card so basically I have to keep it open to continue building my credit report. Sometimes my elan & capital one cards can take 3-6 days for a payment to go through on my checking & savings accounts. = FAIL. = I
13 years 8 months ago #23

Replied by Joeyman on topic What's your favorite card?

List all your current credit cards and specify your top two favorite(s)]#1 choice!![/B] - 9.5% APR Fixed

My Unitus CU VISA is by far my favorite card. Before I obtained this card in January I typically only used my credit cards for large purchases or unexpected things. (Which was totally the wrong logic.) I was a debit guy. Now, with this VISA right after I make a purchase I am able to make an instant payment directly from my CU checking & savings accounts. I use this card for everything! It deducts the payment instantly from my CU checking & savings accounts, producing a very accurate budget. My Capital One is next, only because it has a 0% APR until next year... so if I need to carry a balance that's the one (which I am now >_>). (I call it the devil card!) The elan card sucks, but it's my original card so basically I have to keep it open to continue building my credit report. Sometimes my elan & capital one cards can take 3-6 days for a payment to go through on my checking & savings accounts. = FAIL. = I
13 years 8 months ago #24
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

01/08/2010
14 years 3 months ago #25

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Vote your favorite card here!

Colo - you brought up some good points. Citigroup was working on spinning off Travelers and dropping the logo. A fight pursued and I don't know the outcome?!

Hmmmm, yes, this was several months ago but I thought it was for sure and then nothing else has come of it. Their "new" logo is actually brilliant, but I prefer the old version where it was all capitals, "bank" was included and it had that star at the end. Nothing stays the same I guess.
14 years 6 months ago #26

Colo - you brought up some good points. Citigroup was working on spinning off Travelers and dropping the logo. A fight pursued and I don't know the outcome?!
14 years 6 months ago #27

Citibank Credit Cards - heads up on the possible future. Citigroup has as part of their restructuring plan determined to downsize and operate more as a regional bank model. In this restructure plan Citigroup is favoring the pursuit of the more affluent client base with a focus on assets.

Whatever happened to the supposed split of the company into a "good" company (Citicorp) and the "bad" bank (Citigroup)? I remember when Citicorp merged with Travelers to become Citigroup, I was so upset. And the new logo (now 11 years old) and the fact that they brand their cards as Citi has never agreed with me. I should probably get over it seeing as how it is going on 11 years LOL. But I was excited to hear about them becoming Citicorp again. And yes, they might want to open retail branches in areas besides CA, Las Vegas, Dallas, Chicago, NY/NJ and South Florida if they want to grow.
14 years 6 months ago #28

Citibank Credit Cards - heads up on the possible future. Citigroup has as part of their restructuring plan determined to downsize and operate more as a regional bank model. In this restructure plan Citigroup is favoring the pursuit of the more affluent client base with a focus on assets. :white-flag:As a stock holder in Citigroup I have been watching them improve their financial standing and stock ratings. At this time and based on the near future of the economy, Citigroup's past expansion will be reviewed with an eye towards profitability achieved by a narrower market focus.
14 years 6 months ago #29

Some of you have had good luck with Capital One. I have been one of those caught in whatever it is they are hung up in. In the past they took care of me but not in the last two years. All the other bank cards I have take care of me except GEMB. Dropped Cap One because I was a good steady relaible customer that took care of them since 2001. When they went crazy I decided I didn't need the hassle. I said goodbye. This like a lot of other card issuers get's to be very personal and it did!

Well you have to look out for yourself for sure. If you aren't happy with them then it is totally your right to get rid of them. Just like a lot of people here hate Chase and Amex, I personally have never had an issue with either.
14 years 6 months ago #30