Kohls/Capital One

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Kohls/Capital One

Neither Chase nor Capital One decision Kohl's credit applications, underwriting is still handled by Kohl's credit department, alls Capital One is doing is holding those accounts and assuming the risk. Kind of like when you get a mortage at a bank or credit union, even though your financial institution underwrites and originates the mortgage paper, it gets sold off and held by another institution, such as Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.

https://apply.kohls.com/cs/zcprod02/cache/K_KOHLS_LOGO2_1.BMP

https://apply.kohls.com/psp/zcprod02/APPL/CRM/c/KC_CUSTOM_MENU_06.KC_ZC_ONLINE_APPL.GBL

12 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Kohls/Capital One

Breaking News: Kohl's comes up with a new motto for their credit card "What's in your luggage?" :cool:
12 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Kohls/Capital One

Neither Chase nor Capital One decision Kohl's credit applications, underwriting is still handled by Kohl's credit department, alls Capital One is doing is holding those accounts and assuming the risk. Kind of like when you get a mortage at a bank or credit union, even though your financial institution underwrites and originates the mortgage paper, it gets sold off and held by another institution, such as Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. :cheesing:
12 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Kohls/Capital One

I have 2 kids and shop at Kohl's often because of the sales. I never had any luck with Kohls/Chase, but Kohls/Cap1 seems to be a different story. I was finally able to get approved for their charge so I can get the 30% off coupons!

Congrats! What is your credit limit? You may consider completing a Credit Card Review . With a review it allows other Finance Globe members the chance to determine wether or not they might be eligible for the card; some important characteristics in a review are your scores at the time of application, credit limit given, application timeframe, and your personal satisfaction story.
12 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by bc8787 on topic Re: Kohls/Capital One

Thats because Chase is WAY more conservative than Capital one. Unless you are in the high 700's to 800 Chase will ding you as a high credit risk therefore deny extending credit to you. Just fyi :) They have never approved me either.
12 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by hammer23 on topic Re: Kohls/Capital One

I have 2 kids and shop at Kohl's often because of the sales. I never had any luck with Kohls/Chase, but Kohls/Cap1 seems to be a different story. I was finally able to get approved for their charge so I can get the 30% off coupons!
12 years 11 months ago #6
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Wanderer

It is official. Kohls Department Stores are now collaborating with Capital One. They report jointly to the credit bureaus. Chase has been cut loose.
12 years 11 months ago #7