Linens 'n Things files for bankruptcy protection

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Linens 'n Things files for bankruptcy protection

They will come back "Under New Management":cool:
15 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Linens 'n Things files for bankruptcy protection

It's going to be interesting to see if the companies filing BK now will come back into business when the economy picks up.
15 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Linens 'n Things files for bankruptcy protection

I sure hate this, because I was a frequent LNT's shopper. I hope Bed, Bath, and Beyond stores are able to weather the storm, becuase they're really all that we have left in Georgia that compares with LNT. Times are really hard right now.:worried:
15 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Linens 'n Things files for bankruptcy protection

Let's hope it is not Sears. I remember the day after Christmas in 2000 Montgomery Ward closed up shop because of a disappointing season. If they thought the Christmas of 2000 was bad just imagine what might happened this year

Sears took over the Montgomery wards building slot at the mall when Montgomery wards closed shop:( . My family shopped at wards for 3 generations and tore my heart out when they closed.My beef with sears is laughable but when tried to apply for my first credit cards ever(no history)they denied my 3 times, so i go over to wards and to my surprise 700 cl.so ever since then that has always stuck with me with sears but i would never hope they go out of business:cool:
15 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Linens 'n Things files for bankruptcy protection

My apartment complex is centrally located in an area surrounded by a big mall and shopping centers(i've counted almost 100 stores one day).When i see so many stores closing and people standing almost on every corner advertising closing sales is extremely heartening.Linen 'n Things, Shoe Pavillion , The Containment store, Bennigans, ect..all have big closing signs makes you wonder who's next.

Let's hope it is not Sears. I remember the day after Christmas in 2000 Montgomery Ward closed up shop because of a disappointing season. If they thought the Christmas of 2000 was bad just imagine what might happened this year :scared:
15 years 4 months ago #5

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Linens 'n Things files for bankruptcy protection

My apartment complex is centrally located in an area surrounded by a big mall and shopping centers(i've counted almost 100 stores one day).When i see so many stores closing and people standing almost on every corner advertising closing sales is extremely heartening.Linen 'n Things, Shoe Pavillion , The Containment store, Bennigans, ect..all have big closing signs makes you wonder who's next.
15 years 4 months ago #6