BofA MyAccess Checking

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

Yeap, the reason why the send you the approval message in a later email is because bank/deposit accounts have a different reporting agency with your personal banking information on it (its called ChexSystems). This company is similar to a TU, EQ and EX. They verify your personal information and provide your banking history from other financial institutions.

Your account request with BOA goes to a back office department that pulls your report from this company. If you want to order a copy of your consumer report from this company, you can do it online at https://www.consumerdebit.com/consumerinfo/us/en/index.htm .
15 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by charonh on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

Uh oh, I received notice of a Class Action Suit against Bank of America www.clossonsettlement.com regarding their fees (well its about time), and I'm eligible to make a claim, YAHOO:cheesing:. It was included within my monthly bank statement.
15 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

I also applied on line for that and the savings account "on line banking. Got the same mesg. Then i got the email with my log in. And my password came about a week later. Then i was able to sign in change my generic password and then tranfer some more funds in to both accounts. I was pretty pleased with how smooth the process went.

Now ill just wait for the offers to start rolling in. Boa credit offers of course...:cheesing:
15 years 3 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

I just received the conformation email saying that I was approved. Im really liking the checking acount. I never had an account with BofA because their free checking had fees and in order to not have a monthly fee I had to have direct deposit. With MyAccess, its free especially with the internet-only promo. I wonder if I could already start going to a branch and deposit more funds. Thanks for the help everyone.

Congrats, I am so happy for you! So far, so good. I am pretty sure you are going to be happy with them yourself.
15 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by charonh on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

Yes, as long as you have your account number, you can begin making deposits right away at the branch. They will even look your account number up if you give them your ID, but I would go there with my account number to avoid any confusion. Congrats!
15 years 3 months ago #5
  • cireone
  • cireone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by cireone on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

I just received the conformation email saying that I was approved. Im really liking the checking acount. I never had an account with BofA because their free checking had fees and in order to not have a monthly fee I had to have direct deposit. With MyAccess, its free especially with the internet-only promo. I wonder if I could already start going to a branch and deposit more funds. Thanks for the help everyone.
15 years 3 months ago #6

Replied by interjack on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

Welcome to BoA. You just got your foot in the door to one of the most rewarding banks.
15 years 3 months ago #7

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

Today I applied for a Bank of America MyAccess checking online. THere was a promo for no minimum amount, free checking, and no monthly fees, but only if you applied online. Whats funny is a received an email saying that its being processed and will be noified of a decision. Then about an hour later, I receive another email welcoming m to online banking and giving me my user id but my temporary password will be mailed to me in a few days. So does this mean that my account was approved????? I really only got this account to try and establish a banking relationship with BofA. So has anyone ever experience this??????

I opened a MYAccess checking account with bank of america 2 years ago from a credit union(changed into a mutual BANK)and had the same experience you did.

when my information was finally verified i was sent a email approval and the process to transfer my money from my previous account to my new account was painless and all online.it actually took only two days for me to open the account even with the verification and the passcode arrived three days later so you are good to go:cool:
15 years 3 months ago #8

Replied by Gamergal74 on topic Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

Yes my brother applied online for the myaccess checking and the exact same thing happened to him but his account was opened with no problems so I guess that's just the way BofA does things. I have 3 accts with them, one military checking, and one reg checking and savings acct. They are usually pretty good although I have had some issues with deposits but it seems like they are the safest bank right now. Congrats on your new acct. and hopefully this will open the door for you to get the best BofA products!
15 years 3 months ago #9
  • cireone
  • cireone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by cireone

Today I applied for a Bank of America MyAccess checking online. THere was a promo for no minimum amount, free checking, and no monthly fees, but only if you applied online. Whats funny is a received an email saying that its being processed and will be noified of a decision. Then about an hour later, I receive another email welcoming m to online banking and giving me my user id but my temporary password will be mailed to me in a few days. So does this mean that my account was approved????? I really only got this account to try and establish a banking relationship with BofA. So has anyone ever experience this??????
15 years 3 months ago #10