Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I think Barclays hasn't been soaked up by Bank of America, at least not yet. There application Terms and Conditions are still forged by Barclays for the United Airways CC. Based on what I've read, its all a matter of time though. Good Luck with your decision LindaLu. Rockin35!
14 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by LindaLu on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

I won't Meya.....unless they want to guarrantee me an approval now...LOL
with a big fat credit limit!
will let you know what they say.
thanks for all your information..it really helps out.
14 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

That would be the best thing to do, but don't let them con you into applying until you are ready....lolz
14 years 11 months ago #18

you're awesome Meya!

I am not going to apply like the first of June I think..I like to see my score update each month...
Yeah if you go to Barkley's website the u.s. airways card is still listed.
I wonder if I could just call their toll free number and ask?
14 years 11 months ago #19

OK, you should be receiving a response very soon. Thanks!:popcorn:
14 years 11 months ago #20

This company pulls from TU also. I hope that is good news for you. But wait a minute, before you even think about it, let someone else come in here and post some advice because I have heard that Bofa did take over their us airmiles. I am going to put a bug in my Friends mailbox so they can come in here with some more advice. Hold on!
14 years 11 months ago #21

ok well that makes sense now..I thought it was the other way around..I thought barkleys sold to boa their u.s. airways cards...
Well that makes my chances better!..I wasnt even going to apply if it was owned by boa..but about carnival sea miles that everyone keeps recommending ...Here on the site it says your score should be at or above 700 and mine is like 600 but people get approved in low 600s..so I need to decide which one I want to try for...I actually was thinking the u.s. airways one because the reccommended score on it is like 631...but I got approved for my hooters card with like a 580 when they pulled transunion last year and it says like 650 for them too...
14 years 11 months ago #22

I was approved with Travelocity when I had very low scores (500's I believe) and I have known for people to be approved with the usairmiles, and carnival sea-miles. Since I have Travelocity, would say go for that one, but I must warn you, I have been stuck with $500 every since I have been approved, its been almost 2 years and they still slap me to the curve. IF I am not mistaken I think Bofa sold over their US Air to Barclay's Bank. I was reading this on another website, not for sure how true this story is
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles/911161-do-bank-america-cards-still-give-miles-6.html
14 years 11 months ago #23

Meya,
the u.s. airways dividen miles mastercard through barkleys is that the one that boa took over? or does boa have a u.s. airwarys card also? if it just still showing on that website you sent me the link on I won't apply if it is now owned by boa but if barkleys/juniper have their own as showing on their website then I will apply for theirs?
Now I know this is just asking your personal opinion but if I do apply for a barkleys card which one do you reccommend? the travelocity, the u.s. airways mastercard(that is if they still have their own) or the itunes card..itunes seems like it may be a little easier because they give some lower limits that might put me in a qualifying category.
just asking!

thanks for your insight.
14 years 11 months ago #24

Replied by Terry684 on topic Re: Who Blacklists, Who Doesn't

When I applied for a Best Buy store card a few months ago HSBC denied it and when I called to find out why they told me it was because I didn't pay the Kmart credit card. That was over 10 years ago and they put me on their blacklist just for that one card.
14 years 11 months ago #25

Yup, they are affiliates! Actually here is their wide range of cards, https://www.juniper.com/app/ccsite/affiliates/prtnrCoBrandDynamic.jsp
14 years 11 months ago #26

thanks meya!!!
I was thinking that about boa...but when you go to barkeys/juniper website it still comes up with u.s. airways card...is this old info or do they both have their own now?
and are barkleys and juniper together now? it would be nice if they were separate..(could take a chance on both..lol)
this is a long road to recovery but I am learning so much each day.
all for the good.
14 years 11 months ago #27

Don't even think about it, because "yes" Bofa did take over the us airways, and will deny you quick. Roll on to the next company, forget them. Seems like to me they are not doing so well anyway. Maybe they will take their chances on small timers like you and I. :laugh: :laugh:
14 years 11 months ago #28

thanks Meya!
well I actually read on other forums that imagine and salute are know for that..they had done it to hunds of people.
I haven't applied for a credit card since last August. I was just holding off until my bk aged and some inquiries fell off..I dont have any more than like 2 or 3 through transunion in the last year and I know juniper uses them heavily especially with people that live in Ohio where I live.
I checked out carnival sea miles and the credit score it said you had a better chance for approval on was higher than I have..I was actually considering us airways card they have ..it said better chance of approval with at least a 621..I know people have had luck with travelocity and itunes that they have also but the score for those were higher than the one for us airways with a 621..I know that doesn't really mean anything sometimes because hooters said like 650 or something and I got approved with like a 585 last year ..I am waiting however until later this month to apply..I am going to pay down some things.
As far as bank of america, if they bought one of those us airways cards then i wouldn't even want to try...they would obviously blacklist you would think right?
I mean for bk.,.I never had a card with them before.
14 years 11 months ago #29

:cool:

I had imagine and salute but I went over the limits on each by like a couple dollars with fees and interest and they both closed my accounts because of this and refuse to reopen them..they were too expensive anyway.

Geesh! Well as for a major bank, I think you would probably want to just hold on for a little while and deal with the two you just mentioned, because having creditors close your accounts instead of you (the consumer) make other banks worry. Did I hear you mention something about Juniper? If I was wrong, then I know that they were approving peoples with bk, people were going for the Carnival Sea Miles and I know that Bofa has merged with their Air-miles (or was it US Air-miles) cc, but give it a try if you do no have many inq's, or baddies within 12 months. If you have more than 3, I would say wait for a while.

Credit is so different than what it used to be. I remember when you could go to places other people recommend and get some love, now it is like we are telling a bald face lie. Some people get angry because they took your advice, and then get a big denial. Some start to get frustrated because others with worse or lower credit get approved and they don't. So I just say, if you want to take my advice, I would say wait for at least one year or more before you go back out in the storm. I am actually kicking back in the cabin with hot coffee and a blanket under the fireplace...lol:laugh:
14 years 11 months ago #30