Barclays Online

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Barclays Online

Am I like, the only person who can't get approved for a Barclay's card????

What the eff.....

Have you tried again luLu1980?
14 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Barclays Online

Does anyone know of a Barclay's card that is really for "fair credit"???

The one that i have is, which is Travelocity. I know that Carnival Sea Miles is one also. Don't know if the stipulations has made an changes or not, but I still refer rebuilders over to them.:worried:
14 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic LuLu, what are your FICO

LuLu, what are your FICO scores like? You can only get your FICO scores from myfico.com. Each score is about $12-13 after a promotion code which I can provide you with at your request.

FICO scores are the only scores that matter because 90% of credit lenders today check your FICO score and base their decision on the score for a home loan, auto loan, etc.

No, Lulu. I can't get a Barclay's either and at the time I applied, my score was 666 FICO.

KellBell, which bureau's FICO scores is that?

Experian?
Transunion?
Equifax?
15 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic I am with you all

I am with you all the way!
15 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by happylady on topic Hooters denied you? Or did

Hooters denied you? Or did you try the Barclays cards?

I applied for the Travelocity card (I told myself I wasn't going to but I didn't listen to myself! :shocked:) and they turned me down too :worried: :worried:
So that's it...no more app's for at least 3 months...I'm gonna focus on making sure I make my payments on time and just build my history...(I'm gonna REALLY listen to myself this time!! :scared: )
15 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by KellBell on topic LuLu, what are your FICO

LuLu, what are your FICO scores like? You can only get your FICO scores from myfico.com. Each score is about $12-13 after a promotion code which I can provide you with at your request.

FICO scores are the only scores that matter because 90% of credit lenders today check your FICO score and base their decision on the score for a home loan, auto loan, etc.

No, Lulu. I can't get a Barclay's either and at the time I applied, my score was 666 FICO.

15 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic LuLu, what are your FICO

15 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by LuLu1980 on topic Am I like, the only

Am I like, the only person who can't get approved for a Barclay's card????

What the eff..... :dumbfounded:
15 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic BofA uses this technology with

BofA uses this technology with their cards too. So far, I've only seen this technology available on their Student Visa card, not on the BofA AMEX. I don't know if this technology is also available for their Mastercard branded credit cards.
15 years 11 months ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic Ok, yeah I know that

Ok, yeah I know that Citi offers this feature (virtual account numbers), but as far as barclays go, I had no knowledge about that. So cymru, do you have the device at you home? It seems cool though, only problem is that I only have the credit card.
:worried:
15 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by wildrage2 on topic The 'PinSentry' he speaks of

The 'PinSentry' he speaks of is related to actually logging into your online account. We use similar technology at my work. It has nothing to do with making purchases.

The device generates a pin that is only good for 30secs-1min, and can only be used once, so if anyone gets it, it would be useless. Our office uses RSA - it's a small credit-card style device that is synced with our servers and generates an encrypted PIN that's good for about a minute.

There is more information on Barclay's version here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PINsentry

Personally, I think it's overkill and a hassle. It means that you can't login to your account online unless you have that little gadget in your pocket.
15 years 11 months ago #11

Replied by hjm331 on topic They don't make money off

They don't make money off of the check cards as much as they do with the credit cards so they have no interest in protecting check cards. They charge you interest on the credit cards, that's how they make their money.
15 years 11 months ago #12

Replied by Meya on topic So what about our check

So what about our check cards? Shouldn't they protect those in the same manner?
15 years 11 months ago #13

Replied by hjm331 on topic I believe Citi and BofA

I believe Citi and BofA use similar technologies for security purposes. BofA uses a
technology called ShopSafe which generates a new account number that's tied to your
current credit card and is only good for one time. Hackers can't get a hold of your real account number so it's a good concept.
15 years 11 months ago #14

was created by Cymru

I bank with barclays and have just recieved a gadget called a 'pin sentry' it generates a one time code from your card to use a login - to help reduce cyber crime,

does your banking service offer anything in the online banking arena?
15 years 11 months ago #15