U.S. Bank

Replied by Meya on topic Re: U.S. Bank

They gave me a Reserve Line of Credit for $500 with my one baddie. So I played around with it and slid $100 over, it goes in as soon as you hit submit. The next day I saw a $0.24 charge to my RLC (
14 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Have you applied for any

Have you applied for any credit cards through your cu bank? There is a good link here for it, take a look https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100372
:cool:
16 years 1 day ago #2
  • alpha
  • alpha's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by alpha on topic Thanks! I'm glad to have

Thanks! I'm glad to have some positive reports about them. I have used BofA in the past and not been all that happy. And I've had a credit union which was ok but didn't do everything I wanted. Maybe I'll give USBank a try.
16 years 1 day ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic I like their website, their

I like their website, their bill pay

I forgot about this one, I totally agree with you. Here is something about them that is not like bofa. Bofa will hold your authorizations in a pending stage for about 24-48 hrs, US Bank will hold it until it clears so that you can get a better view of your actual account balance. That is what I like about their online banking needs. I have paid a bill twice on bofa because I did not log it down in excel. since it was a misc payment "Street cleaning ticket." I will not do that again, even though I did not loose but that money could have been put some where else.
:fun:
16 years 2 days ago #4

Replied by lndbar5 on topic I've dealt with US Bank

I've dealt with US Bank for about 10 years. First with their credit card, then with a checking account. I've never had a problem with them. They are very easy to deal with. We are from the Midwest, but it shouldn't make a difference, they are national. I like their website, their bill pay, everything is easy. Even when I had to call to speak to a real person, I wasn't disappointed. They handled all my issues. I will say, I did all my banking by phone, mail or computer.
16 years 2 days ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic NO problem! Let's wait to

NO problem! Let's wait to see if anyone else comes in with their U.S. Bank story. I still bank with them, I just stay on top of them. I will say one good thing, I have been planning to apply for my first personal loan from them this summer. The bank manager told me to just make sure that I have NO collections, lates, or derogs and he will push it through with no problem. I just want to start off with $2k and go from there in the future. My only problem is that I have one co that is not due to leave my report until next year. If it hasn't magically gone by then, I will not be applying.
:scared: :scared: :scared:
16 years 2 days ago #6
  • alpha

Replied by alpha on topic Thanks, Meya. I'm glad I'm

Thanks, Meya. I'm glad I'm not completely crazy -- I remembered asking the question! That experience doesn't sound like a good one to me. I'm in Oregon right now and haven't heard any stories like that, but don't know many people who have them either.
16 years 2 days ago #7

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I usually see US Banks

I usually see US Banks at Giant Eagle grocery stores and don't really deal with them. But it always seems to be rocking.
16 years 3 days ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic You are all good! I

You are all good! I will admit, that it was deleted becasue I could have sworn I seen it in another posting, but not a new topic.

But anyway, I am going to put my 2 cents in about US Bank. Here in San Frnacisco, this is the slowest bank in america. They never have no more than 2 or three tellers at a time and when the line is long, no one steps up to help delete the crowd. They used to have a $5 offer if you stayed in line longer than 10 mintues but that changed because they was getting broke behind it. Their fees are high, if you had an overdraft they will charge you the fee and then keep charging you a few days after the first fee, so stay on top of your balance with them.

They will try to get you though, I rememer when I had a ver low balance with them, about $12, and I had made some charges (which bought it down to $12), well check this out, I had a $14.99 authorization charge comming through from Truecredit right? They put that charge ahead of my debit charges to get a profit from me, the charges that I had made which bought the limit down to $12 was charged a overdraft fee each. I went crazy on them on the phone and walked into the bank. I had the fees reversed but they will never get me again with their no good staring at your account for an overdraft behinds. Here is my suggestions about US Bank!
16 years 4 days ago #9
  • alpha

was created by alpha

Hi
I thought I asked this before but don't see it in the list. Maybe I'm just imagining...
Does anybody know about customer service from U.S. Bank -- it's mostly in the western U.S. I believe
16 years 4 days ago #10