Paypal

Replied by alpha on topic I agree, it's always good

I agree, it's always good to see where the link is really going if your email allows it. Really good scammers have links that look like they might be real though. Another thing to do is to go to your account (in a new browser window) using the link that you use to check on balances or whatever. If there's any problem with the account, you should be able to see it there.
16 years 6 days ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic That seems like a cool

That seems like a cool way to find out where you are going. On my pc, if i click a link that is bull crap, it will halt me and say that "this site is fraud" or something in that nature. Bofa have a lot of those incidents, I just sent it to abuse@bankofamerica and let them take care of it. Aol had this problem for a while.
16 years 6 days ago #17

Replied by Scribes on topic How many of you get

How many of you get the spam "You PayPal account has been tampered with" or "someone has accessed your account, please update"........blah, blah, blah?

I get phishing e-mails all the time. Rule of thumb, never click on a link from an e-mail.

Well, that's not ENTIRELY true. :-) A better rule of thumb is to cursor (mouse-over) the link. In many email programs, like Thunderbird and Outlook, you'll see at the bottom of your screen exactly WHERE the link is going to take you. So, if you get a Paypal note, for example, just mouse-over the link and see where it's going to go. If it doesn't start "[URL]http://www.paypal.com"[/URL] don't bother with it. :-)
16 years 6 days ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Oh my goodness trust me,

Oh my goodness trust me, I will never do that agian! It cost me $75 for Norton symantec (did I spell that right) to get it out fo my pc.
16 years 1 week ago #19

Replied by Finance Globe on topic How many of you get

How many of you get the spam "You PayPal account has been tampered with" or "someone has accessed your account, please update"........blah, blah, blah?

I get phishing e-mails all the time. Rule of thumb, never click on a link from an e-mail. :scared:
16 years 1 week ago #20

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic Hey all bank of america

Hey all bank of america account holder. I saw they now have virtual accoount numbers. When you sign in look under special offers. I havent tried it out yet.
16 years 1 week ago #21

Replied by hjm331 on topic Crazy, I agree with you

Crazy, I agree with you on that one. That's why a lot of businesses are losing money because of online retailers. Let's take Newegg for instance. It is killing the competition with it's low prices and offers cheap shipping rates along with fast shipping! I also like their promos. It's very convenient for me to order my electronic stuff from newegg.com instead of having to go to Best Buy or Circuit City.

I also have a credit line with Newegg so that just makes everything better!
16 years 1 week ago #22

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic I feel all cards should

I feel all cards should have virtual account numbers. A lot of things online are cheaper and thats why I shop online. I feel really safe with my citi card online.
16 years 1 week ago #23

Replied by hjm331 on topic BofA needs to come up

BofA needs to come up with that virtual account number concept also!
16 years 1 week ago #24

Replied by Meya on topic dreamr, go to this link

dreamr, go to this link and let us know what your current debt situation is and I can show you what steps to take. You don't have to have a hard time here, that what everyone is here to do. Help each other!

1. https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100313

2. https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100011

We got your back!
:fun:
16 years 1 week ago #25
  • dreamr802
  • dreamr802's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by dreamr802 on topic That virtual credit card number

That virtual credit card number sounds really cool. But in order for me to use that I need a credit card that I can use for it. I am having such a hard time finding a credit card that will accept my credit.
16 years 1 week ago #26

Replied by Meya on topic How many of you get

16 years 1 week ago #27

Replied by happylady on topic I've used Google Checkout once

I've used Google Checkout once to buy from Amazon.com. It was okay - no problems. They sent emails documenting everything and letting me know when my order shipped. I would use it again. :cheesing:
16 years 1 week ago #28

Replied by mrsjprice on topic Now I never knew that,

Now I never knew that, I never knew that paypal was owned by ebay. I'm surprised I never heard of that before. I've never used google chekout, is it any good?
16 years 1 week ago #29

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Paypal has been owned by

Paypal has been owned by eBay since 2002, and is a core part of their payment processing for their auctions. If you're an eBayer, then this is a must.

Global payments is also a great feature, without the worry of account security.

The only true competitor of PayPal is Google Checkout . Has anyone used this service?
16 years 1 week ago #30