Capital One to Buy Chevy Chase Bank

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Capital One to Buy Chevy Chase Bank

I have two accts with cap 1 and haven't had very many problemsl. Congrats on your approval and enjoy your new card!

I have two accounts with them also. I try to use them for emergencies and balance transfers. They have really awesome BT offers sometimes aka 3% interest on BTs.

I have one of their cash back cards. The money racks up pretty fast when you use the card frequently.

Capital One is a great stepping stone for building existing credit or for improving credit. I will always keep them in my wallet.
15 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One to Buy Chevy Chase Bank

HI. I was recently approved for a Cap 1 card, to be received in 7 to 10 business days. I will find out my credit limit then, I guess. My question is

I thought.....well I could have sworn that you already had cap one Buddie:dumbfounded: Or maybe its because I have not heard from you in a while....lol. way to go and I am so happy for you. As you know, cap1 is the number one talked about card around here, I can't wait till you come back and brag about the love you received from them....lol
15 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by Gamergal74 on topic Re: Capital One to Buy Chevy Chase Bank

I have two accts with cap 1 and haven't had very many problemsl. Congrats on your approval and enjoy your new card!
15 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One to Buy Chevy Chase Bank

They send out a letter called "Credit Steps" where if you make your payments on time for the first 3 months, don't go over your limit, and don't send a bad check, they will give you an increase when your 3rd statement closes. Capital One likes to see heavy usage and on-time payments. They don't really have any fees other than the annual fee (if applicable) as long as you keep the account in good standing.
15 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: Capital One to Buy Chevy Chase Bank

HI. I was recently approved for a Cap 1 card, to be received in 7 to 10 business days. I will find out my credit limit then, I guess. My question is: Has anyone had any bad experiences with them and/or their fees? I'd like to know the best way to care for the card; paying on time, etc. Thanks!
15 years 2 months ago #5

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Capital One to Buy Chevy Chase Bank

What a ridiculous story! Chevy Chase should be ashmaed!
15 years 2 months ago #6

Replied by KellBell on topic Capital One to Buy Chevy Chase Bank

15 years 2 months ago #7
  • Ash
  • Ash's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Ash on topic When I talked about this

When I talked about this to some of my banking friends at another bank they told me some banks have different statues of time limitation. Credit card companies differ as well, 6 months from what I remember.

Anybody in the finance biz knows what I'm talking about. I process credit card transactions on a daily. Thats like me calling in a manual authorization (aka) app code and putting the receipt in my drawer for a year or not transmitting the batch on your novas machines at the end of the day. Then one day Uh oh...I forgot to deposit the slips for credit in my merchant account.

As far as my hubby is concerned, I actually disputed them at first because when he would use the debit card they automatically separate the money as a pending transaction. I remembered seeing those transactions but when I went back to match it up with previous bank statements it was difficult because I shred every 60 days. They told me thats exactly what happened they placed a temporary hold authorization and the transactions dropped off within two weeks.

Even more interesting hubby wasnt the only person effected in this case. It was several people resulting in $11,000 in old bank transactions. The only difference is in their case they were with different banks and when they saw those were old transactions they flagged the account and investigated. It ended up being a lost for the merchant because some of the other banks enforced the time of limitation statue and didn't pay them.

Chevy chase's customer resolution department said we dont have any time constraints for debit transactions and its not our problem.. "But if you want can dispute as fradulent charges, did you want to do that today???" I said ahh but its not fraudulent just bad business management on their part! Asked if they could reverse some of the heftybank fees since the case was very unusual and they were like ahh NO!

As far as Hubby Balancing :worried: My marriage is a different topic. I manage my own stuff and have a separate account. He is the spender and uses the atm frequently and I am the saver and do not carry cash except for emergencies!

I told him from the get go about going to that store but he just didn't listen to me
After that experience he listens to me a little bit more, and takes financial advise.

:cheesing:
16 years 1 month ago #8

Replied by Attagirl on topic In all honesty, I do

In all honesty, I do not believe that there should have been all those charges. I do believe that they have a certain amount of time that they need to have the check go through or it should not be good. I would have checked with the banks checking account information for sure.

I cannot believe that a business would hold onto them for that long of a period nor can I really believe that someone would not be watching their account to ensure that things were being put through it.

If these transactions did not occur when they should have the bank statements would have showed more money in the account then it should have had. Does your husband not balance his account?

Wow! that is really all I can say. I guess the moral of the story is to check your account and balance it every month.
16 years 1 month ago #9
  • Ash
  • Ash's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Ash

That review on chase had me thinking today. Are we referring to Chase bank AKA Chevy Chase?

Story,
My hubby had an Checking Account with Chevy Chase. He would use his card at one of the local stores in the neighborhood. Anyway he liked this particular store because it had hard to find import items. He used his chevy chase card to pay for the transactions and so forth. I remembered seeing these transactions but didnt really pay any attention to it.

One day I logged onto his account and said he was negative $1500.00 and I went WTH :confused:

Long story short the merchant had authorized the transactions but never transmitted to his bank for over 1 year!

We are talking about transactions 1 1/2 years old and of course good old chevy chase put them right through all on the same day.

There was no resolution what so ever he had to cough up the dough
16 years 1 month ago #10