Citi Bank

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Citi Bank

MINNEAPOLIS —June 6, 2011—FICO (NYSE]® 8 Score as a key component of its credit policy function supporting both acquisitions prospecting as well as account management.
A long-time user of FICO® Scores, Citi Cards has been conducting validations on the FICO® 8 Score over the past 18 months. The company found that the FICO 8 Score improved the prediction of customer risk and is now using the score across many of its lending decisions.
Shanan Bentley, senior vice president at Citi, stated, “The FICO 8 Score will complement our ability to manage and responsibly grow our portfolios. In addition, with FICO 8’s increased effectiveness and consumer-friendly features, Citi can use the score across a wide range of portfolios to provide a more consistent view of the customer, make better lending decisions and improve the overall customer experience.”
Bringing together more than 50 years of leadership in risk analytics and unique insights garnered by working with hundreds of leading financial institutions worldwide, FICO has consistently delivered highly effective and widely used risk scores. With the FICO® 8 Score, lenders benefit from FICO’s advanced analytics and innovation while maintaining compatibility across their entire value chain, including internal systems, processes and practices as well as those of their business partners. To date, more than 3,500 financial institutions have adopted the FICO 8 Score.
“The results of Citi Cards’ testing and its adoption of the FICO® 8 Score highlight the business value that FICO creates and delivers for its clients and their customers,” said Greg Pelling, vice president of Scores and Analytics for FICO. “The outstanding predictive performance and advanced capabilities of FICO 8 underscore why it has emerged as the new standard for consumer credit risk assessment. Adoption of FICO 8 by Citi and other top banks further demonstrates that the FICO Score remains the score that matters for lenders and consumers.”
12 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Citi Bank

I just recieved my Citi cards today and activated them both! I love how easy it is to navigate around their page, also like the fact that you can view and pay both cards as well! I am very gratious to be in with Citi finally! I am done applying for anymore credit for atleast 2 years or more, garden mode here I come! Myfico credit future predicts my scores to range from 804-840 within the next 2 years as long as I keep my utilization low and not apply for any more credit! Woo Hoo!!!!!:thumbsup:
12 years 3 months ago #2
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Citi Bank

In response to your request for info on Citi Bank... of all their cards, I really like the Citi "Preferred Thank You". It works like a World Mastercard in all ways but, no AF and you have "no pre-set" on the limit. Note, a limit is reported to the bureau but they allow you to go over the limit like AX does. Great "Thank You" points. Now like most cards, you do NOT always get full value on redemption so you search through their very extensive library of point options and select what maximizes your return!

Full value on redemption would be the First National Bank of Omaha where you get the "full meal deal" on their "Bucks Back Visa" and another Visa they offer.

All cards I mentioned are no AF. As to do you need more cards? Personal decision. My personal problem is the oldest cards are hard to drop due to "average age of account". Yes, you can have more cards than you can use and I do!
12 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Citi Bank

Nicely done! I was beginning to wonder if you had moved to the boonies and forgotten all about Finance Globe.

Forget? Not a chance, I work on FG nearly every weekday for 3-8 hours!
12 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Citi Bank

There's also one that offers $500! https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-thankyou-premier-card/ However you need to look at the longer term picture. Are you interested in transferring a balance, is there an annual fee ($125 for this one).
Have you tried out the new comparison cart? Compare and then show as a table. This can help a bit. The $400 and $500 cards are not in the system, but the $300 card is. Unfortunately Citi does not want these cards out there for whatever reason. https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/issuer6.php

Yeah, and I really don't need another credit card. I just closed some! :laugh:
12 years 4 months ago #5

Have you tried out the new comparison cart?

Nicely done! I was beginning to wonder if you had moved to the boonies and forgotten all about Finance Globe. :thumbsup: HAHA! I love site updates. :)
12 years 4 months ago #6

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Citi Bank

There's also one that offers $500! https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-thankyou-premier-card/ However you need to look at the longer term picture. Are you interested in transferring a balance, is there an annual fee ($125 for this one).
Have you tried out the new comparison cart? Compare and then show as a table. This can help a bit. The $400 and $500 cards are not in the system, but the $300 card is. Unfortunately Citi does not want these cards out there for whatever reason. https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/issuer6.php
12 years 4 months ago #7

I'm getting pre-approval offers from like all Citi cards. Which one is the best? Curious. So far the Citi Thank You looks the most appealing because they're offering $400 in free gift cards, after spending $2,000 in three months.
12 years 4 months ago #8

So I have earned about $70.77 with my Amex Blue Cash in approximately 8-10 months. With my income and spending, I doubt I could accrue anymore than $300.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Finance Globe.
12 years 6 months ago #9
  • Wanderer

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Citi Bank

In reviewing this card, there is an annual maximum earnings that you can receive in cash rewards of $300 except for promotions. The card has been around in a non-world Mastercard format for years. No annual fee and 1% was the standard with a cash rewards earnings limit of $300. Now they have it looking a little like a Discover Card for rewards for cash but the limit still exists except for...!
12 years 6 months ago #10

Has anyone or is anyone planning applying for the FG Credit Card of the Month?

Citi® Dividend World MasterCard® - $200 Cash Back

It says you get $200 cash back... that's pretty good. What's the catch?

https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/card1466.php
12 years 6 months ago #11
  • Wanderer

was created by Wanderer

After much movement on to sell or ...? Citi is saying they will hold their retail credit cards.

Citigroup may keep store credit card unit: report LONDON, July 13, 2011 (Reuters) — Citigroup Inc is considering keeping its store credit card business after trying to dispose the $41 billion business, the Financial Times reported. As reported in the NewsDaily on line 07-13-11.
12 years 9 months ago #12