• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Bank Mistake

:laugh: :laugh:
14 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Bank Mistake

Geesh, looks like I talk too much! I just told my old business....lolz!! Now this is what you call, "Keeping it Real" Colo

Oh wow!!! That just took me down memory lane too.....lol....
14 years 9 months ago #2
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Bank Mistake

Geesh, looks like I talk too much! I just told my old business....lolz!! Now this is what you call, "Keeping it Real" Colo :laugh: :laugh: . Lawd I hope my kids don't grow up and make some of the mistakes I did. Banks, they would probably prosecute and push for the death penalty by then :laugh:
14 years 10 months ago #3
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Ding quotedMeya..if I remember right,

Ding quoted[/color]

Meya..if I remember right, it was around $1200.00

That is temptation amount in these days and times. Yeah 15 years ago, they were sort of behind because I remember the fake envelope money back then. When I was broke I used to go to the atm and put a empty deposit slip in the bank and get the money out. Then I would pay it back when i got the money...lol.

Bofa has made a change from that, now if you want to deposit a check you have to put the actual unsealed check in the atm deposit and it reads it. I cracked up laughing when I seen that because it gave me a flash back to my old days. I guess they were hit too many times for that.
:shocked: :scared: :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by mark on topic better to give inform your

better to give inform your bank.
worst thing that can happen to you..

be under investigation from the FBI regarding money laundering.
that's something you don't want to deal with at all.

with the patriots act ( anti terrorism act) they can freeze all your account, hold you for months.
and charge you for funding terrorist org ha ha ha

better safe than sorry :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by ding on topic Meya..if I remember right, it

Meya..if I remember right, it was around $1200.00..cause I was a waitress at the time and did not bring in much money..this was just my experience..to me the bank should of instantly knew it was not mine..(from looking at my other deposits)..never putting that much in..but they still told me I was wrong and refused when I tried to give it back..Please remember this was almost 15 years ago..when they did not have such high technology..
15 years 11 months ago #6
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Would you mind sharing how

Would you mind sharing how much?
15 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by ding on topic I had this same kind

I had this same kind of problem years ago...I also made a deposit in an ATM and for some reason or another the next day I ended up with way more money than I should of had..I did promptly go into the bank and explain to the lady that this absolutely was not my money and she told me there was nothing that said it wasn't..I said..I AM TELLING YOU IT IS NOT!! She then sent me to several other people in the bank and all of them told me they did not see any problem..I repeatedly explained that I did not deposit this money -it was not mine..they told me who says so? I again said I do..it belongs to someone else..NOONE cared..I figured I tried to give them their money back and they refused..several years later and after my account had been closed for at least 2-3 years, I received a letter in the mail that said that they did indeed make a mistake putting someone else's money into my account and that they were very sorry...it also stated that I did not have to return the money and that they would take care of the issue..and again they were very sorry. I do not understand the reasoning of this but that is exactly what they did.
15 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by princee18 on topic i think if such things

i think if such things happens the bank must be immediately informed about the mistake.It may put you in serious problem because you are knowing that the money does not belong to you.
15 years 11 months ago #9
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic She knew it was not

She knew it was not hers to begin with, so she should be told to repay.
16 years 1 week ago #10

Replied by alpha on topic There was a story in

There was a story in the newspaper here just a few months ago (don't have the link or I'd send it) about a woman whose bank made a mistake and deposited money in her account. Then the account was closed for some other reason. The bank eventually sent her a notice demanding the return of the money and she had to repay it. So anything that looks like "free" money is probably going to cost you.
16 years 1 week ago #11

Replied by saurabh on topic yes of course they are

yes of course they are obliged to take the money back but they can not provide you any harm because you are not involved in any of the bank's activity.its their mistake and they are paying for the same.
16 years 1 week ago #12

Replied by sophie on topic Once, my old employer deposited

Once, my old employer deposited some extra money in my account after payroll. I got excited and thought I had a bonus. I did not ask about it and did not want to spend it in case it was not really for me. A couple weeks later I found out it was a mistake.

16 years 1 month ago #13
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Well here is a good

Well here is a good thing to keep a minder of from these low-down-dirty-rotten-scandals. Banks are out to sneak up on new customers who finance a purchase with a new account. They are out to get you by approving you for a purchase, then they dont tell you that the limit that you received was over what you purchased. When you get that nice purchase home, look in the mail at your new statement or credit monitor alert and you will see that you have an account that is over-the-limit! When they do that, you get up and handle your business to make sure that they correct it and take the high balance off of your report.

A new thing all, I talked to EX and EQ, the over the limit is only derog while it exists. Once you pay it up, it is no longer a derog. The new FICo scoring system is well aware of this with installment accounts NOT CREDIT CARDS.!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
16 years 1 month ago #14

Replied by liowkc on topic Hi Meya You are right, it

Hi Meya

You are right, it is really getting really confusing; I ban myself from using "agree" and "disagree" onwards.

Whatever it is, please continue to contribute to this forum to bring out pertinent conusmer issues and whack the banks and card companies for their wrongdoings. :cool: :cool: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
16 years 1 month ago #15