GE Money Bank theft of 650,000 customers info

Replied by Meya on topic Helllooooo!

Helllooooo! [snaps]
16 years 2 weeks ago #1

Replied by sophie on topic LOL! You are too much.

LOL! You are too much. I agree, I actually found a better gym that’s’ cheaper as well. They do not fingerprint, but these days any company can steal your identity whether they finger print you or not. All it takes is one angry employee and a hook up.

:laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic I would rather jog around

I would rather jog around my block and use 2 one gallon milk just filled with water for my weights before i sign with them.
16 years 3 weeks ago #3

Replied by sophie on topic They said it is easier

They said it is easier then doing any other type of entry. Many people will try to use other peoples gym memberships so if they scan their fingerprint that is a good way to identify people :scared:
16 years 3 weeks ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Now they are doing tooooo

Now they are doing tooooo much. I would have ran nearly a mile before I stopped and caught my breath. They are getting to federal just for a gym, give me a break. So what are they trying to do, elliminate child molesters and criminals from their gym? This is rediculous, just as soon as one of the employees get mad, they are going to steal their data base and sell it to the scam artists. People will be able to walk into federal and state government buildings with this technique.
16 years 3 weeks ago #5

Replied by sophie on topic I am ultra paranoid when

I am ultra paranoid when it comes to identity theft. I went to a gym last week to purchase a membership. They wanted to scan my fingerprint as a way to access the gym when I come in. I said HELL NO!
16 years 3 weeks ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Tell me about it, this

Tell me about it, this is why I decided to bring the posting back up to date. I want to hear new commers comments on this. Thanks Sophie!
16 years 3 weeks ago #7

Replied by sophie on topic That’s scary as heck. I

That’s scary as heck. I am surprised I did not hear about this one. I am so scared when things like this happen. All you can do is check your account and check your credit to make sure you are not a victim.

16 years 3 weeks ago #8
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic How would we do that? Well

How would we do that?

Well HJM...checking your credit bureaus every month, having some kind of alert system for your bureaus, so that if someone opens an account or tries to you can take ahold of it ASAP if you do have any security problems.
16 years 2 months ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic How would we do that?

How would we do that?
16 years 2 months ago #10

Replied by liowkc on topic This kind of incidents will

This kind of incidents will not be the first or the last. We customers have to take proactive steps to protect our identity and privacy - never rely on the governments or corporations to watch over you.
16 years 2 months ago #11

Replied by Meya on topic Right on Ash and Addicus!

Right on Ash and Addicus!
16 years 2 months ago #12

Replied by Ash on topic Hey guys, Here is the link

Hey guys,

Here is the link from MSNBC, if it doesn't link correctly, copy and past it into your browser.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22718442/
16 years 2 months ago #13

Replied by cobalt007 on topic Well they should be doing

Well they should be doing this because it’s not their costumer’s fault. Whoever has done this must be aware of the data encryption and he must have made some plans for that.
16 years 2 months ago #14

Replied by Adicus on topic Due to the "Loss of

Due to the "Loss of Data" GEMB is offering credits monitoring for a year for free for those that are insistent. Please note that they are not advertising this so when you call insist on it and they will give it to you. GEMB is not at fault for the "Loss of Data" it's Iron Mountain. Iron Mountain misplaced the data reel and they cannot recall where it was last placed. I don’t think it's going to be a major threat unless someone has highly sophisticated data encryption equipment that will be able to read that specific reel. That equipment is not publicly available and is unique in its coding. Just an FYI.
16 years 2 months ago #15