Chase Bank

• Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Chase Bank

That's interesting

Yeah... my regional bank does not have investments, retirement options (other than an IRA Savings Account and a Health Savings Account), insurances and some of the bigger bank options. I do have line of credit (not my credit card). Again, the bank or credit union that meets our needs is what we need to do. I don't like annual or monthly fees so for me that is a turn off switch. Relationship accounts with minimum balances is also a turn off but, everybody seems to be heading that direction. ATM/Debit Card fees can be a turn off or on depending on how much a person uses them. So, it is good to have banking choices. Love the electronic access of the big banks. Many smaller ones have been slow to embrace the modern world on this. Like bill pay and so on.
12 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Chase Bank

Lets just say it involved vested retirement accounts, line of credit options , cd's and Mutual fund accounts and many more when I did my homework to see what would work better for me.A lot of Credit Unions here are competing with banks big so they are actually becoming more bank and the last two Credit unions I was in was converted to Mutual banks by a vote of the members to compete with banks.

That's interesting
12 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Chase Bank

Lets just say it involved vested retirement accounts, line of credit options , cd's and Mutual fund accounts and many more when I did my homework to see what would work better for me.A lot of Credit Unions here are competing with big banks so they are actually becoming more bank like and the last two Credit unions I was in was converted to Mutual banks by a vote of the members to compete with banks.
12 years 10 months ago #3

Exactly Wanderer because I was a member of credit unions for many years but over time, other than car loans and personal loan, they did not offer the financial flexibility that banks had for my needs.

What were they not able to offer you? Just curious
12 years 10 months ago #4

For me, I have found that since 1973 that the regional and local banks have served me well except, they only worked at home. Today, they too have "debit cards" and "credit cards" that work everywhere so I really don't need a big bank. Appreciate the change as they are not "churning the accounts" and constantly changing the terms and conditions. The local feel I get is important to me. Now in today's world many people want to bank quickly and efficiently. Big banks have this approach down pat. It all depends on what a customer needs and wants.

Exactly Wanderer because I was a member of credit unions for many years but over time, other than car loans and personal loan, they did not offer the financial flexibility that banks had for my needs.
12 years 10 months ago #5
  • Wanderer

That's the same thing with Bank of America because they did not care one bit when I closed my checking and credit card with them which made it even more imperative to do away with them as quickly as possible but so far Chase has so far fit my financial needs plus they upgraded my Chase Freedom card which caught me by surprise.

For me, I have found that since 1973 that the regional and local banks have served me well except, they only worked at home. Today, they too have "debit cards" and "credit cards" that work everywhere so I really don't need a big bank. Appreciate the change as they are not "churning the accounts" and constantly changing the terms and conditions. The local feel I get is important to me. Now in today's world many people want to bank quickly and efficiently. Big banks have this approach down pat. It all depends on what a customer needs and wants.
12 years 10 months ago #6

Chase is a huge bank, they have A LOT of customers. Unfortunately, they don't care when someone withdraws their money closes their accounts because they know that more people will be joining their company very soon.

That's the same thing with Bank of America because they did not care one bit when I closed my checking and credit card with them which made it even more imperative to do away with them as quickly as possible but so far Chase has so far fit my financial needs plus they upgraded my Chase Freedom card which caught me by surprise.
12 years 10 months ago #7

Chase is a huge bank, they have A LOT of customers. Unfortunately, they don't care when someone withdraws their money closes their accounts because they know that more people will be joining their company very soon.
12 years 10 months ago #8
  • Wanderer

Wow, this is really strange — seems like a big missed opportunity to me. I'm so happy that I never started out with a large bank because I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like changing checking accounts. My parents had WaMu growing up so it would have been easy to just bank there.

Wanderer did you guys have WaMu before the take down? Including branches?

Yes. WAMU treated me top shelf. No complaints. Liked their products.
12 years 11 months ago #9

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Chase Bank

Revision to this post. Chase will open checking accounts in Minnesota ONLY by telephone during regular business hours. Also, they do NOT have a toll free telephone number to perform such a service. Interesting. Rationale is that they do not have a local branch in Minnesota. Go figure...! It is ok as I wouldn't open one of their accounts.

They will be revising the terms and conditions of their present checking accounts due to the fact they require more guaranteed income. Thus relationship accounts with higher average collected balances or monthly fees ranging up to $12 per month are coming in the next few weeks. Good luck to new and potentially existing account holders. Note an article today reviewed the large percentage of defectors from big banks to credit unions and small regional banks. Yes, small banking customers are NOT profitable enough for the big banks and they (big banks) desire the more upscale customers who will leave large sums of money sitting in a checking account earning 0.01% to 0.10% annual. My regional bank pays me at least 0.50% annual on checking no minimum balance and 0.75% on savings annual. Also, my regional bank became territorial and now will only accept account holders for every banking service in a very defined regional area as they don't want to service out of the region customers.

Wow, this is really strange — seems like a big missed opportunity to me. I'm so happy that I never started out with a large bank because I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like changing checking accounts. My parents had WaMu growing up so it would have been easy to just bank there.

Wanderer did you guys have WaMu before the take down? Including branches?
12 years 11 months ago #10
  • Wanderer

From zipcodes in Minnesota. Chase doesn't have any branch facilities here and now they will not accept personal banking business from our zipcodes. This is new in the last two weeks.

Revision to this post. Chase will open checking accounts in Minnesota ONLY by telephone during regular business hours. Also, they do NOT have a toll free telephone number to perform such a service. Interesting. Rationale is that they do not have a local branch in Minnesota. Go figure...! It is ok as I wouldn't open one of their accounts.

They will be revising the terms and conditions of their present checking accounts due to the fact they require more guaranteed income. Thus relationship accounts with higher average collected balances or monthly fees ranging up to $12 per month are coming in the next few weeks. Good luck to new and potentially existing account holders. Note an article today reviewed the large percentage of defectors from big banks to credit unions and small regional banks. Yes, small banking customers are NOT profitable enough for the big banks and they (big banks) desire the more upscale customers who will leave large sums of money sitting in a checking account earning 0.01% to 0.10% annual. My regional bank pays me at least 0.50% annual on checking no minimum balance and 0.75% on savings annual. Also, my regional bank became territorial and now will only accept account holders for every banking service in a very defined regional area as they don't want to service out of the region customers.
12 years 11 months ago #11
  • Wanderer

That's suprising coming from Chase. Just curious but where did this info come from? I know that I don't have to worry! Since it seems like there is a branch on every corner where I'm at. Especially since they took over WAMU!

From zipcodes in Minnesota. Chase doesn't have any branch facilities here and now they will not accept personal banking business from our zipcodes. This is new in the last two weeks.
12 years 11 months ago #12

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: Chase Bank

Something new. Chase is now restricitng who may obtain banking services from them by zipcode. Is this the wave of the future?

That's suprising coming from Chase. Just curious but where did this info come from? I know that I don't have to worry! Since it seems like there is a branch on every corner where I'm at. Especially since they took over WAMU!
12 years 11 months ago #13
  • Wanderer

was created by Wanderer

Something new. Chase is now restricting who may obtain banking services from them by zipcode. Is this the wave of the future? :white-flag:
12 years 11 months ago #14