Overdraft Fees - Ugh

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Overdraft Fees - Ugh

Yeah, I just applied for it like 2 months ago. They approved me for a $500 line of credit. That is the best thing since 7up! If I would have realized this, I would had not applied for anything else. We can go online and slide money over into our checking account and the fee is like $0.18, and it goes up as you still owe. We can slide money from our checking into the reserve line for free. I really like it, I have borrowed money from it like 5 times and the highest i ever paid from all 5 transactions, were less than $1.00. I feel more comfortable with it, but at the same time, I am still on target about which account I am using while paying bills...lol

They are a great tool for in between paychecks or simple accounting errors. My bank just automatically takes the money from my LOC which I appreciate.
14 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Overdraft Fees - Ugh

Yeah, I just applied for it like 2 months ago. They approved me for a $500 line of credit. That is the best thing since 7up! If I would have realized this, I would had not applied for anything else. We can go online and slide money over into our checking account and the fee is like $0.18, and it goes up as you still owe. We can slide money from our checking into the reserve line for free. I really like it, I have borrowed money from it like 5 times and the highest i ever paid from all 5 transactions, were less than $1.00. I feel more comfortable with it, but at the same time, I am still on target about which account I am using while paying bills...lol:laugh:
14 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Overdraft Fees - Ugh

I guess I will update this thread because I got hit from US Bank for the stupidest mistake. Had three overdrafts. If Obama is getting on banks about Banks approving transactions without enough money to cover the purchase, does this goes for our debit cards too

I think there is some law about banks being required to approve a certain amount of debit card transactions in cases of emergency. But don't quote me on that. I remember this one time, I was at Checker Auto Parts and this guy was trying to buy things with a check (seriously, it is the 21st century :cool:) and his check was declined (something from Checkfree maybe) but then he used his debit card and it went through.

US Bank is really good about removing the fees if you call them. My sister had like 5 overdrafts once and I told her to call and they removed them. Then a year later she did it again and they removed two of the four that had occurred.

Do you have an overdraft line of credit with them Meya? They do their LOC's weird though, you have to tell them to transfer money from the LOC to checking before the overdraft hits to avoid a fee....banks, go figure.
14 years 9 months ago #3

Whaaaat! I know US Bank does that, but Bofa didn't trip. They used to let you roll with it until it was paid. Good lord, what's next? I guess they are gonna start charging a fee to see your statements on line. I think that Wamu commercial was telling us something when they used to stick fees on the back of their customers clothing when they walk pass them and say hi.
14 years 9 months ago #4

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Overdraft Fees - Ugh

I hope it does apply Meya, because its just downright extortion IMO and Bank of America has added yet another overdraft fee if your account has a negative balance for five consecutive days. Something needs to be done about this practice. Banks should not be allowed to make money this way. I am about to the point of just using a prepaid card. Yeah they charge a monthly fee of $4.95, but that's a small price to pay to not have to worry about being eaten up with bank fees and if you do not have funds available at the time of the transaction, it will decline.
14 years 9 months ago #5

I guess I will update this thread because I got hit from US Bank for the stupidest mistake. Had three overdrafts. If Obama is getting on banks about Banks approving transactions without enough money to cover the purchase, does this goes for our debit cards too?:confused:
14 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by dreamr802 on topic I absolutely hate overdraft fees.

I absolutely hate overdraft fees. I had the same problem as your son. In the past month I have had over $150 in overdraft fees because I would deposit money and if I had called the bank to double check my balance it would say something different than what was actually available to use.
16 years 1 week ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic I love it when we

I love it when we learn something new here!
:fun: :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #8

Replied by sophie on topic Why yes, I do. I

Why yes, I do. I did not know I can link those too. Great idea, then I will never have an overdraft fee, I will look into that.

16 years 1 month ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic Sophie, do you have a

Sophie, do you have a checking with Bank of America? I have overdraft protection also and overdraft charges go to my Bank of America credit card instead of my checking account which saves me $35 and then some...
16 years 1 month ago #10

Replied by Meya on topic The overdraft protection is another

The overdraft protection is another rip off. They charge you $18 just to release funds from it.
16 years 1 month ago #11

Replied by sophie on topic I got hit with those

I got hit with those so many times, it is sickening. Mine were $35 a piece and I called to talk them out of it and they only budges on one. The sad thing is, I had overdraft protection but it was not linked to the correct account.

16 years 1 month ago #12

Replied by Attagirl on topic You know I understand the

You know I understand the frustration as well. I have never been charged fees like that if the depsoit and debit are on the same day. Any bank that does this would not have my account for beyond that first time it is done especially when they show unneccary charges like this.
16 years 2 months ago #13

Replied by hjm331 on topic I also agree with that.

I also agree with that.
16 years 3 months ago #14

Replied by Meya on topic Hello! I'm with you on

Hello! I'm with you on that one.

:white-flag:
16 years 3 months ago #15