Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

Replied by hanna on topic Re: Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

I've been going through my clothes and throwing worn out, ratty, and things that don't fit me anymore. I have been looking and doing some online shopping because I really don't like going out to a department store and trying cloths on. I really needed some shirts that I can wear under my work shirts and found them at Gap (online) and on sale. Kohl's doesn't seem to have the selection that they used to have and the quality of the clothes seems to have gone down.

yeah, online shopping is really convenient especially for busy people like us. :cheesing:
13 years 10 months ago #31

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

cce - great to hear from you! Appreciate the heads up on cloths purchases timing.
13 years 10 months ago #32

Replied by cce on topic Re: Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

Soap.com ! ! ! !

It's just a "coming soon" page. Looks interesting though.

I think if you're going to find clothes on-line, then eBay and Amazon are the bargain basements for quality. Overstock.com is also worth looking into. I found that the best bet is to shop department stores for off-season clothing. I.E. Get swimsuits and shorts in October, and jackets and fleeces in April. You can usually save 50% or more if you look for it.
13 years 10 months ago #33
  • Eldarwen
  • Eldarwen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

You can find some nice stuff at Amazon.com but you gotta look really hard and sometimes I find stuff that I like but they don't come in my size or I am not willing to pay that price.
13 years 10 months ago #34

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

Soap.com ! ! ! ! :white-flag: :white-flag:
13 years 10 months ago #35
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

Old Navy has some good stuff especially if you are shopping online. Old Navy doesn't carry plus sized clothes (that I've noticed) in thier stores but they have it online. I usually stay away from Gap's and Old Navy's sweatshirts because they feel so cheaply made.
13 years 10 months ago #36

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

Eldarwen & Joeyman - think I will hang with you'all. Learned something today! I too found Kohl's seemed to have less. Went to JCPenney's. Didn't really know about the others until now. Hey, maybe it is time to look into Old Navy? :shocked:
13 years 10 months ago #37

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Who is revamping thier wardrobe?

I've been going through my clothes and throwing worn out, ratty, and things that don't fit me anymore. I have been looking and doing some online shopping because I really don't like going out to a department store and trying cloths on. I really needed some shirts that I can wear under my work shirts and found them at Gap (online) and on sale. Kohl's doesn't seem to have the selection that they used to have and the quality of the clothes seems to have gone down.

American Apparel has very comfortable plain shirts. I order 3-packs for around $40. Sometimes even find or receive 30% off coupons. The Short Sleeve Track Shirts are my favorite. American Apparel is made 100% in the USA and very environmentally friendly. A cool website coming out is soap.com. Soap.com is from the creators of diapers.com. They plan on building a site where we can buy all our common toiletry items and with free shipping. They've apparently mastered a logistics system with diapers.com so the prices will be competitive. The best thing is the items will be things we've purchased hundreds if not thousands of times, so returns are almost unnecessary forever. I'm willing to give it a shot. :cool:
13 years 10 months ago #38
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by Eldarwen

13 years 10 months ago #39