Do Dreams Have Meanings?

Replied by princee18 on topic i dont think that dreams

i dont think that dreams are meaningful, they just show the thoughts in your subconcious mind.Sometimes coincidences make us feel that our dreams are meaningful but i dont believe it.
15 years 11 months ago #46

Replied by Scribes on topic I used to have dreams

I used to have dreams maybe 1 or times a month dealing with tornadoes. Sometimes I'll see them coming from a ways off, and they come towards me, and other times I see them almost right on top of me, but really thin ones, like little waterspouts almost. To dream of those storms means that your mind is currently in a state of unrest and upheaval, much like a tornado's damage. You've got something on your mind that is unresolved, and there are feelings of uncertainty.

In fact, a LOT of dreams we have are due to the fact that we go to bed thinking of something and it invades our subconscious. Do yourselves a favor. Don't go to bed mad or with unresolved feelings. Talk about them, eat a few peanuts, and you'll sleep like a baby. :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #47
  • Pinkee
  • Pinkee's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Pinkee on topic Thanks Scribes! I'm currently browsing

Thanks Scribes! I'm currently browsing through the topics on the link you provided. And I got stuck in Chase Dreams. :cheesing: I've had a lot of those in the past and I remember how frustrating it was because it felt like my feet were so heavy I barely moved from my spot and I can see the one chasing me is gaining momentum. It's like watching a low-budget horror movie. :laugh: I'm going to read further on recurring dreams. I don't know why but I always have dreams that I'm back in high school. Weirdest thing.

Meya, I remember a story about a woman who constantly had dreams about a bedroom she has never seen before and it was so distinct to her because she dreamt of it almost every night. Now, one time, she and her husband drove by an old house that was for sale. She was so drawn to it she asked her husband that they stop and take a look. One of the caretakers showed her and her husband around the house until they came to a bedroom that was the same exact room she had always dreamed of visiting every single night. She told her husband about it and he thought that was ridiculous! Until the second caretaker came in the room and gasped when she saw the female visitor. When asked why she was so horrified, she said, "You're the ghost that haunts this room every night!"

Creepy, huh?

That story really stuck to me. I don't remember from where I heard it or read it. But it was all about the ability of our spirits to travel while we're sleeping.
15 years 11 months ago #48

Replied by Scribes on topic There's a terrific website that's

There's a terrific website that's sort of a "dream dictionary" called Dream Moods. You can access it at http://www.dreammoods.com and figure out a lot of information through images you recall. :-) I do it sometimes as a kick, but I think there's a lot of insight there as well.
15 years 11 months ago #49

Replied by Meya on topic Well, since scientist have never

Well, since scientist have never proven the ture nature of dreams, I assume that it is our spirts that travels out of the body when you are in a deep sleep. I have had dreams that were so real until it has taken me nearly 2 hrs or more to realize that it was not true. Also I had dreams that I so beleive in until I try to find cross reference or verification of it right away. When I know that a dream is not real is when it is about money. I can never grab that money out of my dream no matter how hard I gripped!
:fun:
15 years 11 months ago #50
  • Pinkee
  • Pinkee's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Pinkee

Eversince I can remember, I always sought to find the meaning behind my dreams. I almost always have had vivid dreams and sometimes they were quite disturbing which led me to believe even at a very young age that dreams have meanings.

Once, when I was older, I dreamt I was talking on the phone and the line was really choppy. Out of curiosity, I looked it up in a dream dictionary. It said that it meant failed relationships. A couple of weeks later my boyfriend and I broke up.

But of course logic tells me I subconsciously or maybe even consciously wanted to make it come true.

What about you? Do you think dreams have meanings? Or are they just an abstract reflection of your reality?
15 years 11 months ago #51