We Made it to the Top! Come on In

Replied by Scribes on topic she's hinted at some spectacular

she's hinted at some spectacular bikinis she wants to wear to the pool.

Hehe, yeah, I'll probably be "indisposed" for a few weeks, but I'll pop on to answer messages and stuff. Thank God I type so fast. :-) One thing we definitely want to do while she is here is work with Immigration and shop for wedding rings. She insists we should both pick each others rings. Who am I to say no. :-P

Gawd, I'm so whipped... woo-teesh!
16 years 2 weeks ago #241
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic she's hinted at some spectacular

she's hinted at some spectacular bikinis she wants to wear to the pool.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Scirbes is going to leave us this summer! We will know when your fun kicks in because you are going to start mistyping due to "excitement". You go scribes, put it down.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #242

Replied by Scribes on topic That's all that matters scribes!

That's all that matters scribes!

She's coming this summer to spend three months with me and do some catering and event planning, and she's hinted at some spectacular bikinis she wants to wear to the pool. Oh yeah, good times not far ahead. Come on, summer. :-) *dreamy sigh* And she loves to cater and plan meetings and events for clients, so it should be a profitable summer as well. As long as I can get the business writing going full force.
16 years 2 weeks ago #243
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic That's all that matters scribes!

That's all that matters scribes!
:kiss:
16 years 2 weeks ago #244

Replied by Scribes on topic I think my shopping habits

I think my shopping habits have changed drastically. I don't just go out and impulsively get something I want. I first look around the house to see if I don't have a substitute and, failing that, I start looking at sales. I'm frugal but not a tightwad, I don;t think. My fiancee, on the other hand, is all about shopping. She loves to window shop but if she really sees something that makes her day, pooof, it's gone. :-) I guess my own habits will change soon. Oh well, she's worth it... *hearts*
16 years 2 weeks ago #245
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Uhhh, Uhhh, well see scribes......

Uhhh, Uhhh, well see scribes...... now you know you are my Fg buddie right? And ummmm, ummmmm, .......wow how can I put this....... I am the same way
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My husband is in the kitchen now rolling his eyes and mumbling because I want to go to Lowe's for a new garage opener. Oh well, it is easy for him to open the garage manually but what about me? I do not like pulling a string and it is his friend fault for the reason it is broken. I know for a fact that his friend paid for it because his wife noticed $300 missing from the account (which he claim was union dues) but I find it mighty funny when I saw a cash deposit in the bank for $300 the next day, but he told me it was overtime. Yes I did tell the wife where it went! She was thinking he was doing other things.....lol.

Here is another thing funny, I just got busted about 20 minutes ago. I went to a womens dept store with my sister yesterday and I hid the shopping bag in my trunk because I did not want him to know I went shopping. Do you know that I forgot about it? He just walked in, sat the bag on the computer table and walked off. I am so shame faced and busted, until I turned around and said, "I'll take it back to the store because I just about something, I WANT to go to Lowe's for a new garage door opener, with the mysterious money that was taken from your buddies JOINT BANK ACCOUNT THAT HE SHARES WITH HIS WIFE, that YOU put in OUR'S". What did he pay for? The Garage Door Opener? Scribes, he scratched his head and did not say a word. He does not know how to lie. He is busted now.....lmao! I still feel cracked in the face. Why do you think I am typing to you this long? I am too ashamed to turn around and look at him....lol.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok, here we go! Turned!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :fun:
16 years 2 weeks ago #246

Replied by Scribes on topic Let me go back here

Let me go back here and tell my husband this....lol. Well hey, my grandma told me.....nah my granny mouth was a little tooooo dirty, so I will bypass on that one.
Thanks scribes, if he did leave for another fluzzie, keep watching the news, when you see breaking news "Haunt for Meya, who commited a gruesome homicide...." You will know.

I agree, yes, shut them down for a while, at lease until I am ready to buy. Maybe the Market will have learned a lesson. They were out giving houses to peoples and rigging up fake check stubs and tax returns. I remember all of this because when my husband cousin got a house, I was like WHAAAAT! This girl can even get a t.v. guide in her name, what is going on!

You're welcome. :-) I think my fiancee would probably do the same thing, hehe. She's a feisty Malay with a lot of fire. I'm about sick of the Capital One commercials too.

"And I want a picture of kittens on it!"
"WAR-kittens!?"
"No no, cute ones, you know... with the fur and all?" :cheesing:
16 years 2 weeks ago #247
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Meya, you're way too pretty

Meya, you're way too pretty and smart for that man to leave you.

Let me go back here and tell my husband this....lol. Well hey, my grandma told me.....nah my granny mouth was a little tooooo dirty, so I will bypass on that one.
Thanks scribes, if he did leave for another fluzzie, keep watching the news, when you see breaking news "Haunt for Meya, who commited a gruesome homicide...." You will know.

I agree, yes, shut them down for a while, at lease until I am ready to buy. Maybe the Market will have learned a lesson. They were out giving houses to peoples and rigging up fake check stubs and tax returns. I remember all of this because when my husband cousin got a house, I was like WHAAAAT! This girl can even get a t.v. guide in her name, what is going on!
16 years 2 weeks ago #248

Replied by Scribes on topic Cost? $8,000 a month. That's

Cost? $8,000 a month. That's a darn good bargain to me.

I never cashed a check for that much....lol. I really feel sorry for those peoples out there in the intr crises. This is so sad, and another thing, all you see on tv is auctions and home selling (repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat). This should have been stopped before hand, why did all those people have to loose their homes before the gov kicked in? And then our president says that he will not bail out single buyers! So if I purchased a house because I am a single person, I dont deserve any help? Well what if my husband left me for another woman, or we divorced because he had a drug problem with screwed up credit? I should still be denied assistance from our gov? Give me a house break!

Meya, you're way too pretty and smart for that man to leave you. :-) Who you kidding?! Anyway, I think the whole housing market should STOP, just stop building, stop selling, stop buying, for about a month or so. Give the people a chance to pull out of foreclosure, give the builders a chance to rest up for a summer haul, and get people MOTIVATED to spend in the market. No one is going to buy the freaking houses so WHY BUILD? :-)
16 years 2 weeks ago #249

Replied by Scribes on topic I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, where

I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, where I can tell you, there's no city in worse shape than ours right now -- other than possibly Detroit.

Teah that is sad and I live in Bainbridge Ohio. That;s just about an hour east of that. But, that has not stopped people from building all these homes out in my area.

Well, yeah, naturally they'll still continue to BUILD houses, but I'm willing to bet you that those houses will stay empty for at least the next 6 months. :-) Unless the buyers got an upfront deal on them, of course. There's a chance also that those homes are part of a project too. LOTS of projects sprouting up lately, with homes in the 250k-300k range. That's great for a 4 bedroom-2 bathroom place!
16 years 2 weeks ago #250
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Cost? $8,000 a month. That's

Cost? $8,000 a month. That's a darn good bargain to me.

I never cashed a check for that much....lol. I really feel sorry for those peoples out there in the intr crises. This is so sad, and another thing, all you see on tv is auctions and home selling (repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat). This should have been stopped before hand, why did all those people have to loose their homes before the gov kicked in? And then our president says that he will not bail out single buyers! So if I purchased a house because I am a single person, I dont deserve any help? Well what if my husband left me for another woman, or we divorced because he had a drug problem with screwed up credit? I should still be denied assistance from our gov? Give me a house break!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #251

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, where

I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, where I can tell you, there's no city in worse shape than ours right now -- other than possibly Detroit.

Teah that is sad and I live in Bainbridge Ohio. That;s just about an hour east of that. But, that has not stopped people from building all these homes out in my area.
16 years 2 weeks ago #252

Replied by Scribes on topic That is so wrong, million

That is so wrong, million dollar houses going for $400k, that will make somone do a drive by on the ones who purchase it....lol. I bet when it goes to the auction, the true owners have one of their close firends or relatives out bid the bidder to get their house back under another name. I know i would.

It's really depressing when you turn on the TV to watch a real-estate show for houses for sale across the county, and the "homes of distinction" section shows homes of between 500k and 750k. LAST year at this time, we saw homes for 1 million to $2.2 million in that section. Condos are suddenly the perfect place to be, especially if you live near the lake, and right by a marina. Cost? $8,000 a month. That's a darn good bargain to me.
16 years 2 weeks ago #253
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic That is so wrong, million

That is so wrong, million dollar houses going for $400k, that will make somone do a drive by on the ones who purchase it....lol. I bet when it goes to the auction, the true owners have one of their close firends or relatives out bid the bidder to get their house back under another name. I know i would.
16 years 3 weeks ago #254

Replied by Scribes on topic I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, where

I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, where I can tell you, there's no city in worse shape than ours right now -- other than possibly Detroit. :-P Foreclosures are at an all-time rate, and just this past summer of 2007, we were AVERAGING about 500 foreclosures a week. :-( I took a test drive down a few streets close by my home just this past month, and we counted 36 "For Sale" signs on two half-mile streets. I'm betting they won't sell anytime soon. Oh, and a million-dollar house here can be bought for about $400k -- that is, if you find a really clueless or desperate seller.
16 years 3 weeks ago #255