too late for Apple?

Replied by Cents on topic Apple

I think I'm going to go for it. I talked to my husband about it and he's all for it, too, but he leaves most of the investing decisions up to me anyway. This could be a really exciting addition to our portfolio.
8 years 1 month ago #16

Replied by Breakinger on topic Apple

That sounds like a great idea, Cents. I would definitely go for it. I really don't see Apple going anywhere either. They are too big of a company and are constantly changing their merchandise to keep up with the times.
8 years 1 month ago #17

Replied by Cents on topic Apple

Five years ago, Apple was at $308. I just checked and it's at $94 and change right now. I don't see Apple ever really tanking, so I'm thinking now is a great time to buy and hold until it gets back in the $300 zone, even if it takes several years. What are your thoughts?
8 years 1 month ago #18

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: too late for Apple?

"what's the latest technology"

Exactly! The hardest thing for Apple is the fact they only release a new iPhone once a year. They have NO room for errors, the iPhone's antenna issue resulted in a media frenzy; however, less than 1% of users were effected.

On another note, my predications were correct. Apple did release a new Macbook Air today, previewed Mac OS 10.7 "Lion", and released a new iLife suite. I watched the keynote live on Apple's website! Haha. :cheesing:
13 years 5 months ago #19

Replied by smcc on topic Re: too late for Apple?

Understood Joeyman. I also understand the Palm issue too. Never liked Palm when it came out from Sprint, too me that was a disaster. I was a BB user and wanted a touch screen phone but needed a keyboard ( BB spoiled ) Wife has an EVO and was impressed but no screen. Seems like the phone has endless possibilities but no keyboard. Then here comes the Epic 4G, way better resolution and yes, a keyboard.

Sure their is no, how can I say, Quality Assurance with droid apps but if your app is "sketchy" then your future is cloudy, you never get a second chance to make a first opinion with the consumer.

As far as tablets, I am older and when I get one, I coming to you for advice :cheesing: !

I don't know Joeyman, I just have this feeling that if they give the EVO the resolution of the EPIC 4G, increase the battery life of the device, that it will be hard to beat. Your comments are valid, make no mistake, but we live in a society where your generation loves the "bigger the better", "what's the latest technology" and that "EVO" tweaking will be a blockbuster
13 years 5 months ago #20

Andriod OS is a mess. While Andriod could be considered more OPEN than iOS, is OPEN what consumers want? Think about it. There is no approval process for apps on the Andriod market, security flaws lye in apps you'd least expect it (your personal info could be stolen), developers are forced to edit apps per each phone, the hardware makers all make their Andriod OS unique in someway which results in confusing the consumer, and Google specifically says NOT to use Andriod on tablets until next year when releases have been made (yet hardware makers disregard that). What will a consumer do next year when Google adds proper support? Where is Google support? Palm did basically collapse... HP took over as you probably already know, and Sprint had high hopes on Palm. Web OS 2.0 is supposed to be cool, we'll see.

As for your opinion on the Driods vs. iPhone]

Epic 4G:
4.0-inch 480 x 800 pixel resolution

Evo:
4.3-inch 480 x 800 pixel resolution

iPhone 4:
3.5-ince 960 x 640-pixel resolution

Note: HTC does not list the pixels on their website, I found this on two 3rd party sites.

http://skattertech.com/2010/08/infographic-epic-4g-vs-iphone-4-vs-droid-2/
13 years 5 months ago #21

Although the IPHONE set the standard, The "droids" will match, if not overtake the IPHONE. Sprint was on the brink, and I mean on the brink of collapse until the EVO and the Epic 4G. These phones have consistently outranked the IPHONE on all major mobile phone / electronic websites. Realize that when they bring the resolution of the EPIC 4G to the EVO, with that screen, that no one, not even the IHPONE will be able to compete with it.

The IPHONE will continue to reinvent itself, which is to be expected, but with the "droids" in the mix now, the domination is not so obvious......

Call me crazy but do I sound like a Sprint / Droid commercial

Andriod OS is a mess. While Andriod could be considered more OPEN than iOS, is OPEN what consumers want? Think about it. There is no approval process for apps on the Andriod market, security flaws lye in apps you'd least expect it (your personal info could be stolen), developers are forced to edit apps per each phone, the hardware makers all make their Andriod OS unique in someway which results in confusing the consumer, and Google specifically says NOT to use Andriod on tablets until next year when releases have been made (yet hardware makers disregard that). What will a consumer do next year when Google adds proper support? Where is Google support? Palm did basically collapse... HP took over as you probably already know, and Sprint had high hopes on Palm. Web OS 2.0 is supposed to be cool, we'll see.

As for your opinion on the Driods vs. iPhone]

Epic 4G:
4.0-inch 480 x 800 pixel resolution

Evo:
4.3-inch 480 x 800 pixel resolution

iPhone 4:
3.5-ince 960 x 640-pixel resolution

Note: HTC does not list the pixels on their website, I found this on two 3rd party sites.
13 years 5 months ago #22

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: too late for Apple?

Although the IPHONE set the standard, The "droids" will match, if not overtake the IPHONE. Sprint was on the brink, and I mean on the brink of collapse until the EVO and the Epic 4G. These phones have consistently outranked the IPHONE on all major mobile phone / electronic websites. Realize that when they bring the resolution of the EPIC 4G to the EVO, with that screen, that no one, not even the IHPONE will be able to compete with it.

The IPHONE will continue to reinvent itself, which is to be expected, but with the "droids" in the mix now, the domination is not so obvious......

Call me crazy but do I sound like a Sprint / Droid commercial

My comment is that his info is great to know. The one fly in the ointment is the very limited signal availability. For someone like me that is urban, suburban, and rural... signal availability is max consideration. T-Mobile and Sprint just don't have it. My guess is that they will have to build their urban clients as they don't have the rest of the network. Speak with lot's of traveling and living experience. People seem to forget there is a big world out there... and getting beyond the major cities and freeways is where it is at for lot's of us. T-Mobile has some really good products too...
13 years 5 months ago #23

Replied by smcc on topic Re: too late for Apple?

Call me crazy but do I sound like a Sprint / Droid commercial :cheesing: ?
13 years 5 months ago #24

I believe Apple's success has come because they sell great products. Steve Jobs has reinvented the way we compute, listen to music, buy music, use phones, and most recently use tablets. I believe in the next three years Steve Jobs will reinvent the way we watch TV. With an Apple HDTV. The Apple HDTV would eliminate the need for a Cable provider and several component boxes, thus saving the consumer money in the long run.

The iPhone's performance is off the charts, selling more than 14 million units this past quarter, although the iPad did not live up to expectations I don't doubt it will next quarter. With rumors flying around about the iPhone becoming available for Verizon, I think we'll see a CDMA compatible iPhone (Verizon's network) within six months. This will only increase Apple's performance and maintain if not increase the value of the company. Apple is already the 2nd largest company in the world, they're about 30B off Exon Mobile -- at the rate they've been climbing I don't doubt they will pass Exon Mobile. My predication price for Apple stock is $385.

Today will be a good day for Apple, as they are holding an event, "Back to the Mac." The event is rumored to have products releases and previews. I predict a new Macbook Air, iLife suite, and a preview of Mac OS 10.7 (possibly named Lion). Mac OS 10.7 is said to have an iOS like interface, with minimal interfaces. Sometimes with Apple events the stock drops a bit before and after, with a quick rebound the next few days.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Apple Enthusiast :cheesing:
13 years 5 months ago #25

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: too late for Apple?

A followup from a couple of years later for the original post...

From a runup of the 90's to the 300's.

This is one that will either make your portfolio a killing or scare you to death. $308 is the price you pay today... Personally, I like the stock, but would not buy it until a shakeout occurs. From here, the 270-285 range can come in before another upward trend.
13 years 5 months ago #26

Replied by Meya on topic Re: too late for Apple?

5/20/2009
14 years 10 months ago #27

Replied by princee18 on topic i am also having the

i am also having the shares of apple but i dont think that its too late.Such up downs are common and you should not loose hope.
15 years 11 months ago #28
  • dallasld
  • dallasld's Avatar Topic Author

was created by dallasld

Do you think it is too late to make money on Apple stock? They just reported their second quarter earnings and while the numbers were good their guidance wasn't as good as it could have been. The stock has been a high flyer for awhile now. Do you think there is any upside left on this one?
15 years 11 months ago #29