Micro Investing

Replied by FrankN on topic Micro Investing

Moneyes wrote: I'm going to bookmark both of those. Acorn especially sounds like something to set up for my daughter who just turned 18.

Before I do though I will research through the FTC and BBB. It may be only 25 bucks a month I'm investing, but I want to make sure they're legit.

Thank you for the tips.

I have also heard positive reviews of Acorn.
6 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by Moneyes on topic Micro Investing

I'm going to bookmark both of those. Acorn especially sounds like something to set up for my daughter who just turned 18.

Before I do though I will research through the FTC and BBB. It may be only 25 bucks a month I'm investing, but I want to make sure they're legit.

Thank you for the tips.
6 years 6 months ago #2
  • JacksonM
  • JacksonM's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by JacksonM on topic Micro Investing

Glad I could help.

I've seen ads for another called Acorns. With that one, you connect a card or cards, and when you make a purchase, the change is deposited into an investment account. The picture of what you're investing in isn't as clear though, so I think I'm leaning toward trying Stash. I also like the that they teach you along the way.
6 years 6 months ago #3

Replied by Joker on topic Micro Investing

This sounds just like what I need to get started investing. I can spend a minimal amount and see how it goes as opposed to dumping a bunch of money in a thing that I'm not very good at. I will definitely be checking out STASH with my meager investment and see how it goes. Thanks for the information.
6 years 6 months ago #4

Thats right. It is supposed to be for beginning/new investors with not a lot of capital at their hands.
6 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by Lexie on topic Micro Investing

Thanks JacksonM. It sounds like something I would be interested in as well. I've always wanted to play the stock market but have been a scaredy cat when it comes to investing money. Here is the official STASH site . I shall be reading this afternoon. :)
6 years 7 months ago #6
  • JacksonM

Replied by JacksonM on topic Micro Investing

Lexie wrote: Novice here. Please explain what Stash is. We have some investments but would like to branch out. Is this something to play around with or can you make some serious cash?

Stash is an investment app that lets you buy portions of stocks. You can get started with as little as $5. My friend started using it a few months ago. His current return is around $15 with about $350 in four investments.

According to the website, it's a way to get started slowly in investing while learning more about it. They charge $1 per month. I'm intrigued by it, but so far my friend is the only person I know who uses it.
6 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by Lexie on topic Micro Investing

Novice here. Please explain what Stash is. We have some investments but would like to branch out. Is this something to play around with or can you make some serious cash?
6 years 7 months ago #8

JacksonM wrote: A friend of mine has been using Stash for investing over the last few months and recently sent me an invitation to join. I've read about it, and it sounds interesting, but I'm still a bit leery. Does anyone have any experience with Stash or other micro investing sites/apps? What do you think of them?

I have played around with it a bit. Nothing to serious, but its a cool concept.
6 years 7 months ago #9
  • JacksonM

Micro Investing was created by JacksonM

A friend of mine has been using Stash for investing over the last few months and recently sent me an invitation to join. I've read about it, and it sounds interesting, but I'm still a bit leery. Does anyone have any experience with Stash or other micro investing sites/apps? What do you think of them?
6 years 7 months ago #10