Current Market Conditions

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Current Market Conditions

5/20/2009
14 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Current Market Conditions

The thing with borrowing is that you will have to make a bet to say the investment will cover the interest and fees on a loan, plus make it a worthwhile investment. I couldn't imaging borrowing money, paying interest on that money, and also loosing money on an investment. This could put you in a situation that is very hard to get out of.
15 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Current Market Conditions

After careful thinking, I think I will leave the stock market alone. I am going to work on paying my bills and getting them paid off first before doing anything else. Thanks for the advice, FG!
15 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Current Market Conditions

You never want to borrow money to buy stocks!

FG, I've been reading the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey and he states the same thing regarding investing in stocks. I've always been very interested in trying my hand at buying a share or two but I think I'll wait until I am debt free. :cheesing: It may take a while but it can be done.
15 years 9 months ago #4

You never want to borrow money to buy stocks! :shocked: I stongly feel that you shouldn't invest until your non-mortgage debts are paid off. This includes student loans, auto loans, health care, and definitely credit cards.
15 years 9 months ago #5

I'm not an expert in alternative energy, but my feeling is that there will be alot of R&D and losses before we get aboard the next generation of Green America. You could play a high risk move and find a worthy small-cap that you believe in, and make an awesome return. Then again, I would definitely watch out for bubbles there too.

Here's a list of renewable energy stocks .

FG, thanks for that link. Later tonight I am going to really look it over. Just glancing it over, I think I saw some promising things. I wonder if I could buy stocks with my credit cards?:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #6

I'm not an expert in alternative energy, but my feeling is that there will be alot of R&D and losses before we get aboard the next generation of Green America. You could play a high risk move and find a worthy small-cap that you believe in, and make an awesome return. Then again, I would definitely watch out for bubbles there too.

Here's a list of renewable energy stocks .
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: formatting
15 years 9 months ago #7

Please note the disclaimer that was posted on all investment forums.

I love General Motors GM as a consumer, but for a long term investor, I would run. GM is in serious trouble. Now if I were into short investing, it would be worth looking at.

I wouldn't jump too soon, with 3 straight days of solid gains, people will be taking their profits when the red button is pressed.

You are probably right. I do believe the economy will recover. This country has a long history of recession going back to the 19th century and has always recovered. I don't believe oil will go down though and high fuel prices are here to stay. In my opinion, if I had the cash to invest, I would invest in alternative energy sources and bicycle companies:cheesing:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: formatting
15 years 9 months ago #8

Please note the disclaimer that was posted on all investment forums.

I love General Motors (NYSE]GM[/URL]) as a consumer, but for a long term investor, I would run. GM is in serious trouble. Now if I were into short investing, it would be worth looking at.

I wouldn't jump too soon, with 3 straight days of solid gains, people will be taking their profits when the red button is pressed.
15 years 9 months ago #9

Yes and with oil dropping in price, the stock market is coming up. Now might be a good time to buy some stock. I have been thinking General Motors. Right now they need the cash and stock prices are down. I would join a stock club too.
15 years 9 months ago #10

I like the idea of a stock club. If you want to manage it, I would gladly become a member.

What a nice relief in the markets the last 2 days! We needed a chance to breathe!

Mike
15 years 9 months ago #11

Replied by Meya on topic 4/15/2008

4/15/2008
16 years 1 week ago #12
  • liowkc
  • liowkc's Avatar Topic Author

was created by liowkc

The Dow is in deep swings in both directions and dragging down and pulling up other European and Asian markets. It would be great if we could have a discussion group to see how we can profit in such volatile situations.
16 years 3 months ago #13