Complete Upgrade

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Complete Upgrade

Points well taken and agreed! Thanks for the input, I will get your suggestions in place.

The system will be an upgrade (to the vbulletin 4 suite), which is by far more flexible than what we are using now (2 systems working together). It looks so much nicer and simpler to use!

Woot woot! :cool:
:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
13 years 2 weeks ago #16
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Complete Upgrade

Points well taken and agreed! Thanks for the input, I will get your suggestions in place.

The system will be an upgrade (to the vbulletin 4 suite), which is by far more flexible than what we are using now (2 systems working together). It looks so much nicer and simpler to use!
13 years 2 weeks ago #17

Suggestions are welcome!

My only suggestion is better navigation. Drop down menus off the main navigation bar would be nice, and to incorporate the forums into the navigation bar, right now the forums feel separate from the website. I think if you moved the Finance Globe logo to the left and made it a link to the homepage that would also be nice. These days, good websites have fat lower headers. That would also be cool. All in all, a better navigation bar is my top suggestion.

For the record: What I consider the Navigation bar is currently "Members" "Tools" and "Credit Cards"

Although the Page Navigation links are nice, I personally don't consider those tools a navigation bar. They are also page specific.
13 years 2 weeks ago #18

So are we ditching V-Bulliten and using another forum language? Or just getting a newer version? :cool:
13 years 2 weeks ago #19
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Complete Upgrade

I will be working on the getting the platform set up until then. These things always take time, so I will be preparing the upgrade ahead of time.

Also, Facebook Connect will be available...

Suggestions are welcome!
13 years 2 weeks ago #20
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

I will convert the existing Finance Network to a single Social Network with forum. We will retain most of the existing features as well as adding some extras.

The FN will not be available [DEL]on April 1st[/DEL] around April 8th.

The main reasons for the upgrade]

1. Login errors will be no more... Some of you know that there has been a problem getting into the forum after you are logged into the FN.
2. Faster load times... Ahh.
3. Cool and useful tools, like the ability to use Google Gadgets on the FN
4. Simpler navigation. There will be more cross links from the forum to the FN
5. More secure and stable environment

What will happen to my profile?

You shouldn't have to do anything except log in after the conversion. If you never log out, you may need to log in again. All posts, reviews, and review comments will be retained. I am confident that I can convert friends lists and profile information to the new system.

Mike
13 years 2 weeks ago #21