Paper or Plastic?

Replied by djames on topic Paper or plastic?

I hope you're not burning the plastic bags. That releases major toxins into the air. I have switched to reusable bags, for the most part. I also reuse any plastic bags I do get as trash bags for small cans like in the bathroom or bedrooms.
8 years 4 months ago #16

Replied by Egghead on topic Paper or plastic?

Reusable bags are fine if you remember to take them with you when you go shopping! I don't care about the cost if I have to pay for a plastic bag, but I don't want to store hundreds at home. Now I take spares to the local thrift store, who appreciate them more than I do.
8 years 4 months ago #17

Replied by FrankN on topic Paper or plastic?

That's a very good idea. I have tried to go to reusable bags, but it can be hard.
8 years 6 months ago #18

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Paper or plastic?

I live in the northeast and most places use plastic bags. I haven't switched to reusable bags because I use the plastic bags as trash bags for my burnables. Living as far out in the country as I do makes burning trash a necessity, so that's how I deal with the plastic nasties.
8 years 6 months ago #19

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: Paper or Plastic?

I would say most of the places in the south are unfortunately plastic.
8 years 7 months ago #20

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Paper or Plastic?

Most stores use paper here in Portland, Oregon. Fred Meyer (aka Kroger) pretty much set the stage for this here...
12 years 3 months ago #21
  • Rob72830
  • Rob72830's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Paper or Plastic?

Great! Anything to save the planet!:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #22

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Paper or Plastic?

Eco-friendly?

Yes
15 years 9 months ago #23

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Paper or Plastic?

Eco-friendly?
15 years 9 months ago #24

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Paper or Plastic?

Paper definitely some stores have even converted to the recycled bags that bares the store name which is great
15 years 9 months ago #25
  • Rob72830
  • Rob72830's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Rob72830

Here is a link to a story I read on Yahoo. It is a very interesting story about how the government in LA and SF are banning plastic shopping bags.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080723/ts_alt_afp/usenvironmentpollutionplasticbags

I think it is a step in the right direction. I wish the rest of the country would ban them. Maybe one day...
15 years 9 months ago #26