Double Reporting!!!

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Double Reporting!!!

No problem! Good to hear that one of the Cb's removed the information. Ohhh yes, Experian is a pain in the buttocks. It took them 2 months to remove a neg item from my report after it was due. They gets on my nerves....lolz! Just keep trying and look deep for info that will be sufficient enough for them to remove the item from your report. Do you by any chance have the collections bill which states the original date of negativity? If so, use that to fight it.
14 years 2 months ago #1
  • KreditDude
  • KreditDude's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by KreditDude on topic Re: Double Reporting!!!

Thanks Meya and Yellow... I appreciate the feedback. Actually, TransUnion has removed 1, but Experian is being a pain in the neck. I had them investigate these accounts in the summer, so they sent a letter back saying that unless I can give them some relevant information they are not going to investigate again. Now, I know for a fact that is against the law.

I haven't received anything from Equifax yet. I have been performing my due diligence for about 3 years now. I raised my score from the low 5's to 710 Ex. 640 eq. 635 Tu.

As you all know it is a process. I have 5 to 7 baddies on each. Although I had 10 - 12 on each 3 years ago. I got approved for Kay Jewelers, Hooters, and Fingerhut since using this site. I also got a $5,000 business loan from Prosper (social lending site).

Thanks again

KreditDude
14 years 2 months ago #2

Dispute is the correct thing to do, what ever you do, do not, I repeat, do not answer to the collection agency who purchased the debt. They will blow your entire phone line and clog up your mailbox. It is important to closely watch your Cr through credit monitoring services. Once the 7yr period was up, it is suppose to automatically drop from your Cr but, sometimes the 3cb's can over look it and it will continue on until you call in and have it removed.

I would dispute it, and explain to the 3 Cb's who the original holder was from and how long it was in collections with them from the start. Some states does allow this to happen but, make sure you take care of this first. Let us know how things went so we can gather some additional resources for you to help you fight the best way you can.

Here are some letters of dispute that you can use to get you started:

1. Request for removal of outdated info: https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=853

2. Make creditors prove you owe: https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=906

3. Sample pay for deletion letter: https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=909

Hope this helps!
14 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by yellowd1 on topic Re: Double Reporting!!!

Yes this has happend and can happen if your report was sold to another agency.

That can happen, and although it will show the date the collection agency obtained the account- the original date of default/collection holds true. With that said when the original 7yr. date is up it shouldn't be reported by anyone legally. That is where you should begin to dispute- if it is beyond the time frame legal in your state.
14 years 2 months ago #4

Yes this has happend and can happen if your report was sold to another agency.
14 years 3 months ago #5
  • KreditDude
  • KreditDude's Avatar Topic Author

was created by KreditDude

Hello Everyone

Is double reporting legal? What I mean is, I have a couple of bad accounts that are being reported charged-off or collection status by the original creditor and the collection agency that the accounts were sold to.

What happened with both is they are reporting the day they bought the accounts as the day I opened the account which is wrong and makes the 7 year reporting period longer.

Thanking you in advnce for your responses
14 years 3 months ago #6