Free Credit Reports

Replied by skeewee08 on topic Re: Free Credit Reports

CreditKarna uses TrueCredit's scoring system and it's only based on your Transunion report. The other bureau's aren't even factored.

Having said that, I have a 677 CreditKarma (TrueCredit) score. My TransUnion FICO (which is the only score I care about) is 703. My ChaseIDProtection TU score is 723.

CK also says that my score is fair, and I only have 1 inq (soon to be 0), and two baddies that are due to be off my report this year. MyFico says U got good credit.

BottomLine, if you know your MyFico is good, then you ain't got nothing to worry about.

:relieved: Thanks CG101
14 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Free Credit Reports

OK I need a valum; so I have been hearing about this CreditKarma; decided to check it out and low and behold my scores are lower by 23 point

CreditKarna uses TrueCredit's scoring system and it's only based on your Transunion report. The other bureau's aren't even factored.

Having said that, I have a 677 CreditKarma (TrueCredit) score. My TransUnion FICO (which is the only score I care about) is 703. My ChaseIDProtection TU score is 723.

CK also says that my score is fair, and I only have 1 inq (soon to be 0), and two baddies that are due to be off my report this year. MyFico says U got good credit.

BottomLine, if you know your MyFico is good, then you ain't got nothing to worry about.
14 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Free Credit Reports

LOLz!!! :laugh:
14 years 9 months ago #3

Thaks Meya, now I can :sleepy: tonight with out the valum:fun:
14 years 9 months ago #4

Scores are up and down everyday and no two monitoring service gives the exact scores. When it drops like that, it is usually inq, higher utilization, or new accounts. Don't trip, they will go right back up quick.
14 years 9 months ago #5

OK I need a valum; so I have been hearing about this CreditKarma; decided to check it out and low and behold my scores are lower by 23 point :shocked: I am like what is going on... I know this is a FAKO but still 23 point drop I need a ZANAX... most people scores are higher not lower right?

Now I know I did the VS card and I got a CLI on my Visa(CU Card) but a 23 point drop is scary.... OK I am going to lay down now... oh yeah I am still at work...:fun:
14 years 9 months ago #6

5/20/2009
14 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Free Credit Reports

I've been a member of credit karma for two months and so far I am impress with it because it has the same score as transunion has on myfico.I will see over time if it stays the same or near for a few months just to experiment with it and i also like the layout.
15 years 2 weeks ago #8

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Free Credit Reports

CreditKarma.com is a great site to get a free credit score from your transunion credit report. The site will target credit card offers based on your score, but will not force you to purchase or subscribe to anything.

Knowbeforeyouapply.com is also a great resource that does much the same.
15 years 2 weeks ago #9

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Free Credit Reports

Mary,

This is great information. My son actually ordered his report for the company with the catchy jingle and didn't know until a month later that his card was being charged. :upset: He called them and got the charges reversed but not without a lot of hassle (they wanted him to continue membership).

I already knew about the annualcreditreport site and I've been using them for sometime now.

Thanks again,

BJ
15 years 2 weeks ago #10
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher