When should you ask for credit limit increases?

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I keep getting stuff from WaMu. As far as I understand, Chase pretty much owns them now. I can't afford other cards right now.
15 years 6 months ago #166

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Who? with BOA?
15 years 6 months ago #167

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I received one too, but I just threw it in the garbage can. REgardless to what the apr went to, I am still going to be a heavy charger with them.:laugh:
15 years 6 months ago #168

They want to make a profit of those who are carrying a large balance on their card. That's what happened on my BOA AMEX. They raised my interest rate from 15.99% to 26.19% so I BT'ed the balance off to another card. As soon as the statement cut, my interest rate was lowered to 15.99%. I guess they really want to keep my business.
15 years 6 months ago #169

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Today received what I thought was a statement, Please find enclosed important information regarding a CHANGE in the terms of your JCPenny account ending in ####. The standard rate on the account will be increased to 22.85%. What?!! Only have had card two months and card is paid off. Bought about $300 worth of clothes with it. Just waiting for the next notice. Sock drawer.

I also received this notice in the mail yesterday. :dumbfounded: This is actually to all JCP customers. Its being raised from 21.99% to 22.85%. Well this is a store card and all of them have high interest rates! Sockdrawer or pif.

I just checked my Target statement since it printed yesterday... This APR went up from 20.99% to 21.99%...

The Prime Rate went down to 4.50% a week ago but seems like they are still increasing them... Hmm smells fishy.
15 years 6 months ago #170

Yeah chevron can be a little tempting because we no longer have to pay 1/5 of the balance and we have access to cash. But, you are doing right by stoping and paying with another card. You are not missing anything because we normally pay with cash or debit anyway, so I don't see where we would take a loss. :worried:
15 years 6 months ago #171

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Chevron got taken over by GEMB, Sams and Walmart are both GEMB, however, on Equifax, my Sams is showing as Monogram Credit Bank or something to that effect.

Re Chevron, yep, probably their max is $3k. I guess they saw me using my Chevron card,when gas was almost $4/gal. I have over $1k charged which is bothering me so I've stopped using the card. I'ts either cash or Chase freedom Rewards tog et the points.
15 years 6 months ago #172

Guys, I got an alert a few days ago from my TrueCredit monitoring service. On my Equifax report, it says that I have a new account reporting, Sams/GEMB- when I checed the details, it still showed my openning date of 2006 but not it says Monogram bank instead of GEMB so I don't know what is up with that.

Meya, we went from $1800 to$2000 to $2200 to $2700 on our chevron card.

CAP1 told me towait 6mths so I will try for a CLI in Dec, same for Sams.

Wow, you have nearly $1k more than I...lol. You are about to hit max in a minute.

Who is the creditor, Sams or someone else? I know that Walmart is gEMB so I am assuming that Sams is too.:worried:
15 years 6 months ago #173

Shark6, I remember this happening to me. I believe that some banks used a different for different bureaus. As long as it has the same information being reported on your Experian file, I wouldn't have anything to worry about.
15 years 6 months ago #174

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Guys, I got an alert a few days ago from my TrueCredit monitoring service. On my Equifax report, it says that I have a new account reporting, Sams/GEMB- when I checed the details, it still showed my openning date of 2006 but not it says Monogram bank instead of GEMB so I don't know what is up with that.

Meya, we went from $1800 to$2000 to $2200 to $2700 on our chevron card.

CAP1 told me towait 6mths so I will try for a CLI in Dec, same for Sams.
15 years 6 months ago #175

Rsty99, time to sockdrawer the card and it will keep smellin the dirty socks until it gives you what you deserve!
15 years 6 months ago #176

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Today received what I thought was a statement, Please find enclosed important information regarding a CHANGE in the terms of your JCPenny account ending in ####. The standard rate on the account will be increased to 22.85%. What?!! Only have had card two months and card is paid off. Bought about $300 worth of clothes with it. Just waiting for the next notice. Sock drawer.
15 years 6 months ago #177

So they give $400 CLI's every 4 months like clockwork?
15 years 6 months ago #178

Heck yeah, I am running around here with $1800 cl with a $500 balance. Oooops, let's bring them down Meya. The only reason why I am $500 in balance is because GEMB owns them and we are not suffering with the $200 repayment:laugh:. I should not take advantage of that though, that is how the buck wild get started. I just got a cli from them a few months ago. Called them for a cli and they told me to wait until my 4th month is up and................OH wait a minute. More good news, they have the visa card now and I wanted it, so I called in to ask about it, and that is when the rep told me to wait because they are going to end up converting long-term good paying customers (like me:fun:) cards over to the Visa anyway. That is when I asked for the cli, got denied, because my 4th month was not up yet. He told me to go for cap (max amount) on the card which is $2,500 and I might get lucky. Naaah, I don't think so, I might get the $400 usual cli...lol
15 years 6 months ago #179

Chevron is good with CLI's?
15 years 6 months ago #180