When should you ask for credit limit increases?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

Don't hold your breath with HSBC. The reason why I closed my Best Buy Mastercard was because of CLI's. I requested a CLI at the 6 month mark, they pulled a hard inquiry on my report and denied me. I asked for another request 3 months later and they pulled my report but denied me again. I was furious so I closed the account.

I'm not saying close the account. Just use the card, let it help you build credit, then sockdrawer the card as long as it doesn't have any annual fees.
15 years 6 months ago #151

Replied by Meya on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

Tell me about it.
15 years 6 months ago #152

Replied by yendor on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

With the current economy, I could not recommend that you ask for a credit line increase. Credit card companies don't seem to be giving to many of them.

Eldarwen, that makes sense. I Didn't consider the greater picture.
15 years 6 months ago #153

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

With the current economy, I could not recommend that you ask for a credit line increase. Credit card companies don't seem to be giving to many of them.
15 years 6 months ago #154

Replied by yendor on topic Re: When should you ask for credit limit increases?

Hopefully this question is answered...

Household Bank(HSBC) hasn't offered me a CLI. I have had this Platinum Account since January 2008. Never late, never over-the-limit. Although there is a "Love Button" on the website, when I select it, I am told I need to call customer service, to process this request.

My questions...
1) Is this a good time to request an increase.
2) Does an approval for another card issued by the same Bank, constitutes a CLI...( I was approved for a BestBuy M.C. In July $500)
3) Does HSBC "Hard Pull" for CLI's

Thanks in advance for any and all, who reply to this post.
15 years 6 months ago #155

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Its loaded out here also. Citi is in the avenues and financial district.
15 years 6 months ago #156

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

There's a lot of WaMu's and BOA's here in L.A.
15 years 6 months ago #157

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

All we have here is Chase!!! Chase everywhere... Theres only 1 WaMu around my area where there are letmesee... 5 Chase, now 6 w/ WaMu...

Chase overpowers BofA, Comerica and any other bank here in Irving Tx.
15 years 6 months ago #158

Cool!:cool:
15 years 6 months ago #159

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I'm glad you said that HJM. So hey, look at this, does this mean Chase name is going to be on Wamu's bank logo in our areas? Can we take a check into Wamu that is drawn by Chase to cash it? If that is the case, I will not have a hard time cashing my check that's drawn from Chase. I had to wait nearly two weeks to cash my check from Chase that was put into my bank. I nearly lost my seat in enrollment because people were filling the seats fast this semester.

According to the statement I was given they are working on intergrating their systems for a smooth transition, so although WaMu is owned by Chase now, you still cant go into a WaMu and make a Chase transaction. They are giving the 6 months time period to hav evrything converted.
15 years 6 months ago #160

I still can't imagine seeing Chase branches over here in L.A. I guess it's a matter of getting used to it. It's still going to look weird though.

hjm, that was my theory in Chase having interest in WaMu from the beginning. Although they will assume a big mess, they will gain a bigger market share in the western region. There are WaMus everyhere in California and no Chase, other than mortgage, business and investement banking. So now with the takeover, they have acquired all the WaMu branches and have ventured into the retail banking sector in California.
15 years 6 months ago #161

I'm glad you said that HJM. So hey, look at this, does this mean Chase name is going to be on Wamu's bank logo in our areas? Can we take a check into Wamu that is drawn by Chase to cash it? If that is the case, I will not have a hard time cashing my check that's drawn from Chase. I had to wait nearly two weeks to cash my check from Chase that was put into my bank. I nearly lost my seat in enrollment because people were filling the seats fast this semester.
:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #162

I still can't imagine seeing Chase branches over here in L.A. I guess it's a matter of getting used to it. It's still going to look weird though.
15 years 6 months ago #163

I bank with WaMu and they gave a statement saying that WaMu will still be running as WaMu for at least the next six months. After that all branches and services will have changed over to the Chase name and policies. this also includes their credit card division. In fact now there is a flyer posted in the front doors of branches stating that the bank is now "JP Morgan Chase Bank (Chase)." So in due time branches will either shut their doors or have the Chase logo on it.
15 years 6 months ago #164

Seems like Chase is still letting WaMu run business as usual. I believe they will starting making changes after the new year.
15 years 6 months ago #165