Store cards

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Store cards

Go to the club, we gotta talk!
14 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Store cards

She's leaving for Arizona on June 8 after she graduates. Boy, am I going to miss her. :worried:
14 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Store cards

I will be there soon....lol:fun:
14 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Store cards

My girlfriend likes it too. :cool:
14 years 10 months ago #4
  • Eldarwen
  • Eldarwen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Well that sounds pretty reasonable

Well that sounds pretty reasonable for a design. Not going to help my friend much though -- I think he wants a lingerie ad to carry around.

That could be it. It is not a bad card though. I love the card though.
15 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by alpha on topic Well that sounds pretty reasonable

Well that sounds pretty reasonable for a design. Not going to help my friend much though -- I think he wants a lingerie ad to carry around. :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #6
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic OK, so I have to

OK, so I have to ask about a Victoria's Secret card. What kind of picture does it have on it? I have a friend who would love to have one -- he spends a bunch of time looking at their catalogs...

The background of the card is a Pepto Bismol like pink with Victoria's Secret written in a lighter shade of pink. In the middle of the card, in silver cursive, is the word Angel. No joke, I have the card in front of me. :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by alpha on topic OK, so I have to

OK, so I have to ask about a Victoria's Secret card. What kind of picture does it have on it? I have a friend who would love to have one -- he spends a bunch of time looking at their catalogs... :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #8
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I really like my Victoria's

I really like my Victoria's Secret Angels card because of the coupons and the points I earn there. Granted my limit is only $500 and I have had it about a month.
15 years 11 months ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic 25%.... :shocked: :shocked: Whew, but

25%.... :shocked: :shocked:

Whew, but anyway, yes I did start with dept store cards for help building my credit. Even though Orcard was my first cc to start, The avenue was my first department store card which started with $250 since 2004 or 2005, an I am now at $2580 with them. Some people say that they would not get those cards because they charge higher aprs than cc does, but I sort of disagree witht that a little because there are some cc's that charge higher aprs and if they dont then what about their annual fees and maintenance fees? If we do the math, some cc's are higher.

I don't compare cc's to dept store cards, I know that I am going to shop at the avenue on a regular basis or macy's so I take advantage of my dept store accounts. However, I do not use my cc that often because if I had an emergency, I can turn towards them for cash or emergency coverage when I can not turn towards my dept store cards.

One more thing I noticed, I keep a 60% util on my avenue card and my scores are not impacted like they would if I were to use this with my cc. I think instalment or revolving accounts play different weights on our scores. So yes I do believe that store cards play a major role in help building your scores than what some other individuals think. I am aware of trade lines, major cc, and installments, but I bet you that if I were to close my avenue card my scores will crumble because I had that dept store card for almost 4 years.
15 years 11 months ago #10
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by Eldarwen

I just want to know who started to build thier credit rating by getting a store card. I had to get a store card to build my credit. That card was the regular Sears credit card (not the Sears Mastercard). The initail limit on that card was $250, when I got the Sears Mastercard, I cancelled the regular Sears because it was really of no use to me. I am happy to say that I have paid off my Sears Mastercard because I am not in the mood to pay 25% interest.
15 years 11 months ago #11