Score Boost

Replied by patse on topic Re: Score Boost

SAR1954 wrote: I just read somewhere, where a person can request to have positive payment histories added to their credit reports, such as for utilities. This can be done by working with the company or on your own, has anyone in this forum ever done this that can speak to it?

I've never heard of it either. I thought credit agencies picked what they wanted to report. I thought the main bills don't get reported on. Maybe I'll try to have these items reported on my score.
7 years 10 months ago #16

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: Score Boost

I've never heard of anyone doing this before. I didn't even know that you could request such a thing. I just thought that your score was based on your ability to make payments on time and not have such a large debt to income ratio. So, your utility bill doesn't count towards your credit score? What about cell phone bills?
7 years 10 months ago #17

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: Score Boost

That is a very interesting question, and I have heard a few people going down this route. I agree with FrugalFran that they are generally very difficult to deal with, and it may not be worth all the trouble though.
7 years 11 months ago #18

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Raising credit score

That's interesting, but I wonder how much of a headache it would be. I am so turned off when it comes to trying to get the credit bureaus to make changes on a credit report. They are so difficult to work with.
8 years 1 month ago #19
  • SAR1954
  • SAR1954's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by SAR1954 on topic Re: Score Boost

I just read somewhere, where a person can request to have positive payment histories added to their credit reports, such as for utilities. This can be done by working with the company or on your own, has anyone in this forum ever done this that can speak to it?
11 years 1 month ago #20
  • SAR1954
  • SAR1954's Avatar Topic Author

was created by SAR1954

I am looking to boost my Trans-Union Credit Score (and of course the other Majors but with a focus on Trans-Union). I am looking for advice on the best way to bump my score up anywhere between 20-40 points.
11 years 1 month ago #21