Rebuilding Credit- NEED HELP

Replied by sophie on topic Good idea. Keep getting more

Good idea. Keep getting more and more cards even if you are currently in debt? That seems rash. Are you able to pay off your new cards? Or will you also dig a deeper hole?
16 years 1 week ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic The choice is totally up

The choice is totally up to you. Remember, when you are paying off these creditors, it may say "paid" or "paying as agreed" on your credit report. Your scores are not going to significantly increase because of paying a past bad debt. I would apply for at least two bank cards to increase your scores much faster over time. You dont have to charge crazy on them, but it helps build your scores much faster than paying off a bad past debt. This is my opinion and it is something that I would perform for better credit.
16 years 1 week ago #32

Replied by Attagirl on topic This happened to me as

This happened to me as well and some people just do not understand how things like this can really ruin your life. I have since then worked on getting things paid off, and my credit score is improving. However I am not sure that I really want any credit cards at this time, although often necessary. What can I do?
16 years 1 week ago #33

Replied by Meya on topic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #34

Replied by hjm331 on topic Smcc, preach man, PREACH!!

Smcc, preach man, PREACH!!
16 years 2 weeks ago #35

Replied by smcc on topic In your scenario, I would

In your scenario, I would stop applying for more cards and start building a credit history with BOA anc continue building credit with Orchard Bank. Opening numerous accounts at once will lower your score because of the "hard hits" to your account.

I'm a current BOA customer and once you prove to them that your responsible with your secured card, they will offer a unsecured Visa and then the sky's the limit as far as Credit Line Increases!
16 years 2 weeks ago #36

Replied by Meya on topic Hi Stileto, follow these links

Hi Stileto, follow these links below:

1. I put in a nice link for members to look at here https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100011

2. Use the "Score Match" to give you a better idea of what type of cards you might qualify for.
https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/

3. Take a look at the credit cards members have applied for or received according to their credit.
https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/credit-card-status.shtml

I hope this help! If you need any more questions asked, I will do all that I can to help.
:cool:
16 years 2 weeks ago #37
  • stiletto
  • stiletto's Avatar Topic Author

was created by stiletto

Hi everyone. I'm new here and needing some help. I am trying to rebuild my credit, but haven't had any luck. Right not I have a Orchard Bank MC and a BoA Secured Visa. I have had the Orchard Mc since 2006 and pay the bill in full every month. I just receive the BoA Visa. I did have a First Premier Visa and MC, but closed both out because of the crazy fees. Credit scores went up when I closed both out.

My problem is that I would like to continue to build my credit, but keep getting denied. I applied for a Target Red Card (had one 5 years ago, closed out, always paid on time) and was denied. I also applied for a Exxon gas card, but have not received an reply.

My scores as of date are:
EQ- 554
EX- 579
TU- ?

I would like to get at lease one more Visa or MC and a retail store card. Would love to have a Macy's, but still owe on credit report.

What cards do you guys think I could qualify for? The information would be a great help. Orchard just increase my limit to $500 and BoA limit is $300.

Thanks in advance for your help. :cheesing:
16 years 2 weeks ago #38